12

I went to bed with a running mind, and woke up to a running mind.

Fareedah had offered me her visitors bedroom. The interior was gloss white, like the rest of the house. Almost everything was white, I began to presume it was her best color. The sheets, white as well. Honestly, it was a nice touch and had a cool feel to it also. But, I couldn't still help the question that was bugging my mind. Wasn't she trusting me too quickly? Wasn't she believing me, quite too easily. Wasn't bringing me to her house, when she had only known me for a couple of days, quite dangerous? Was that how she treated people? Isn't it a risk?

I had woken up around five in the morning, it was like my default and usual time to wake up. It started when I was in high school, I used to wake up so early, mostly to read. But then it became kind of a habit. I mumbled some words of prayer before I then left the room, cocooning myself with the white duvet that I had met on the bed.

Fareedah hadn't woken up, so I sat in her sitting room, operating my phone. Trying to read a novel. But, I ended up not being able to, as I ended up imagining scenarios and asking questions.

It wasn't until seven before Fareedah lazily wandered into the sitting room, almost jumping at the sight of me as she screamed. "What the!" she shouted as she backed up, before the whole situation then settled in.

"Good morning," I greeted her with a wide smile, sitting my cocooned self up. "Did you have a great sleep?"

Her lips spread into a lazy smile, making my heart swell with warmth. How can one wake up looking so pretty? I looked like I had serious fights whenever I woke up, and my hair was pulled into places, my face beat. But, she looked effortlessly pretty, first thing in the morning. "Good morning," she had replied me, "I had a nice night. You?"

I nodded. "Good."

She nodded as she came to sit on the couch also. "What time is your class today?" she asked me as she turned on her speaker, playing Avicii's 'Wake Me Up'.

"Twelve in the afternoon. You listen to Avicii?" I excitedly asked, changing the topic and sitting more upright with a wider smile.

She smiled, nodding. "Yes. I do enjoy his music," she replied, smiling widely, almost beaming.

I was beaming. "Oh my. Yes. Which other DJ do you listen to?" I asked excitedly, almost moving up and down on the chair.

She laughed. "I just listen to a lot of Electronic music, I don't really know a lot of Artiste."

I smiled. "I could recommend for you," I told her, beginning to list without her asking. "Martin Garrix, Marshmallow, Alan Walker, Kygo, David Gue..." I trailed, feeling like I was talking too much. I was excited, too excited that we both had something in common, so I was talking way too much.

She chuckled. "Don't stop please, it's so nice to see you talk so passionately about something," she commented, making me blush and look away.

"Thank you," I muttered, trying desperately not to embarrass myself

"When are you living for class?" she soon asked as she got up from the couch, walking towards a door, while I stared at her behind. Body behind, not buttocks, argh.

I shrugged. "Around 10. So, I could go change and then make it quick to class."

She nodded. "Can you drive?" she asked as she opened the door, revealing a white marble tiled kitchen, with marble purple island and cooking table. It was the second color I was seeing in the entire house.

I shook my head, frowning a bit. "No, why?"

She shrugged as she opened her fridge and pulled out an orange juice, filling two cups. "Wanted to lend you my car," she said so freely as she walked back into the sitting room, handing me a cup.