Chapter 9: Who Am I Living For?

***Harry’s POV*** Song: Who Am I Living For by Katy Perry
I can feel darkness around me. I eyes feel heavy, and my head is pounding. What the hell happened to me? I take a deep breathe in and the air smells musty. I slowly peel my eyes open, and darkness engulfs me. As my eyes adjust, I can slightly make out that I am in a basement. I can just see a couple of pipes, with water dripping from the gaps. I go to move my arms, but they are chained up to a wall. I try to cry out, but mouth has gagged. My feet have been shackled to the floor, and whenever I move them, it cuts into my skin. And just my luck, my feet start to get itchy. Perfect. Suddenly, the door opens and a bright light shines in. I squint as I am not used to the brightness. I can’t see who it is, but I can see that it is a man, and then another one appears behind him.

“Do you think he’s awake yet?” A slightly high pitched voice spoke.

“There’s always one way to find out.” I didn’t like the sound of that, nor his voice. The two men came closer to me, and through the dim light, I saw them peering down at me. “So he is awake! Excellent.” As he smirked down at me I took in his features. He had quite a boyish face, so he was probably about 18/19, he had a strong jaw line, jet black hair with a blonde streak, styled up in a quiff, and mesmerizing golden brown eyes. He turned his head over his shoulder, as if looking for something.

“Lou. Go turn on the light. I wanna see his face when he’s in pain.” He turned back to me with an evil look on his face. The other guy, who’s name I guessed was Lou, obediently went to turn on the light. My eyes quickly shut as the sudden brightness blinded me. I hear a smack and I feel a stinging sensation across my face. My eyes shoot open and glare at the quiff guy.

“Was that really necessary Zayn?” I turned my head towards the voice, and I see a God-like person standing before me. My eyes raked his body, and damn, he was fit. Light brown, feathery hair, styled sideways and messed up in a kind of ‘I just got out of bed‘ look, but still managing to look hot. He was dressed though, with a white shirt that had blue stripes, with bright red skinny’s, and Tom’s on his feet. But hot damn he was sexy, and his eyes. They were a bright, sparkling, grey-blue colour, but they held such sadness. Once he saw that I was staring, he blushed and looked down. He was so cute. He reminded me of Niall. Niall. Does he even notice that I’m gone. Probably not. He has Liam. He doesn’t need me. Zayn must have noticed my sudden change in mood, as he chuckled darkly.

“Don’t worry Harry. Niall won’t even know you’re gone. No one will, nor will they care. So I suggest that you listen up. If you even try to escape, we will kill Niall. Got it?” My eyes widened and I nodded my head friskily. “Good.” He got up and walked towards the door. “Oh! One more thing.” He turned back to face me. “I’m going to kill him anyway.” He laughed darkly as I struggled against the chains, as him and Lou walk out the door, but not before I saw a look of sorrow on Lou’s face.

What have I done?
****************************************************************************************************

***Niall’s POV*** WARNING: MENTION OF SELF HARM. MIGHT BE A TRIGGER FOR SOME. Sorry!
Harry hasn’t been at school for a couple of days and I’m starting to get worried. I voiced my opinions to Liam, and he just brushed it off saying that he always skips school. Sometimes a week at a time. I thought that maybe he had gotten so jealous that he didn’t want to come to school and see Liam and I make out all the time. And I mean ALL THE TIME. Don’t get me wrong, Li’s a great kisser, and I like kissing him, but it’s not Harry, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he’s starting to like me a bit more than what he’s supposed to, even if he promised he wouldn’t. If he does, I won’t be mad at him (okay maybe a little), because you can’t help your feelings. I just don’t want him to get hurt. At first people were a bit weirded out with Liam and I, but now they give us smiles, and a couple say hello. There’s this Facebook page that someone in our school created, which shows who the cutest couples are, and we are number 2, after some dude named Louis and his girlfriend Eleanor. He’s in the grade above us so we’ve never talked before, but I hear he’s a pretty funny guy.

I was staring out my bedroom window, when Liam came in with a hot cup of tea. It was a Saturday so there was no school, and it wad raining. Not that I expected anything different, it is England after all. Liam placed the cup on table beside my bed, and sat down next to me. He placed his hand on my knee, and when I looked up at him, he gave me a warm smile.

“He’s fine Niall. You need to stop worrying about him.” I turned my head away from his face, and looked down at my lap.

“I can’t help it Li. I need to know if he’s okay.” Liam grabbed my hands and made me look at him.

“Trust me Niall. I’ve known him for a while. When he doesn’t get what he wants, he sulks and stays away from school, and then comes back. He WILL come back. I promise.” I stood up and walked away from the bed, towards the window sill.

“How can you be so sure? It’s not you were best friends or anything, right?” He shifted his eyes away from me, and then hung his head in shame. “Li. What happened?” I asked softly, moving towards him, kneeling down and holding his hands in my own.

“I.. We were in 8th grade and I joined the basketball team. I made some new friends, but Harry didn’t get along with them. He made friends with some of the more nerdier kids.” I chuckled at that, as Liam was the nerdiest kid I knew. “Before I knew what was happening, we drifted apart. Then one day he was walking alone in the halls, with tears running down his face. My friends decided to gang up on him, he was an easy target. They circled him, and started punching him. I tried to stop them, but they told me to hit him. I knew that if I did, I would break his heart, but if I didn’t I was lose my friends, and my reputation. So I did it. I hit square on his jaw. He fell to the floor and we started to bash him till he couldn’t get up. Once we stopped, my friends ran away dragging me with them. Harry looked me right in the eyes with pure hate. I broke his heart, and in turn he broke mine.

He didn’t come to school for a couple of weeks then. Rumors started to spread that his parents had kicked him out, and that he was living on the streets. I tried to go speak to him, offer to stay at my place, but he would just brush past me. Then my friends found him walking home to god knows where, and bashed him up. That time he didn’t come to school for a week, and eventually it only became a couple of days.” He paused and took in a shaky breath, with tears streaming down his face. I didn’t say anything, knowing that this was one of the hardest things he’s done. “I couldn’t bare to see him like that, so I avoided him, and got my friends to do the bashing. But one day, he ran into us and I couldn’t avoid not bashing him again. So I hit him, and each time it broke my heart even more. Never once did he fight back. He just stood there and took it. Nor did he cry. He is the strongest person I will ever meet. This is why I know that he’ll be back. He never gives up, and he never runs away. Even if it causes him pain.” Once he finished I stood up and crashed him into a hug. Pulling him close, I let him cry into my chest, soaking my shirt with his tears.

“I am so sorry Niall. I understand if you don’t want to be near me ever again. I won’t judge you. He never deserved what happened to him. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I should’ve been the one getting bashed up, not him.”

“Liam, don’t say that.”

“No Niall. It’s true. And since I was the one who cause him the most pain, I decided to get even with myself.” He started to pull up the bottom of his shirt, and pulling his pants down a little so that I could see his hips. I took in a sharp breath, and tears started to fall freely down my face.

“Liam. Why would you… Oh my God. Liam baby, why would you hurt yourself like that?”

“I-I don’t know. I just wanted to feel the pain that I was inflicting on him. I wanted to take away his pain. Wait, did you just call me baby?” I looked at him confusedly for a second, and then realise what I had said.

“I… Li I didn’t mean…” He cut me off by crushing his lips to mine. He swiped his tongue across my bottom lips, asking for entrance which I gladly gave. His tongue tried to gain dominance, and after a while I let him have it. If he was gonna be the dominant one in the kiss, than I was going to have to take charge elsewhere. I crawled onto his lap, straddling him, not once breaking the heated kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and started to grind on him, making him moan. And hot damn, he has one hell of a moan. He grabbed my hips, making me grind harder, and he lent back until he was lying down on the bed. My hands moved to his face, holding us close, as my hips never stopped moving. Soon enough, I could feel him getting hard, so I ran my hands underneath his shirt, tracing across his defined abs. He pulled it off breaking the kiss only for a second before reattaching them. I broke the kiss, and moved my lips to the side of his neck, finding his sweet spot in a matter of moments. He moaned even more, digging his nails into my hips. I moved my lips down his chest, licking one of his nipples, which earned a gasp from him, and licked down the middle of his abs to his hips. I pulled his pants down slightly, and looked up at him. I knew he wanted me to take them off, but I had other plans. I held the sides of his waist, and started to tenderly kiss the scars and scarily fresh cuts. He gasped, and I saw fresh tears rolling down his face. Once I had kissed each one of them, I leaned back up to his face, and gently hissed his mouth. I pulled away and smiled softly at him.

“Liam, no one should ever have to do that to themselves. I know it’s gonna be hard, but we’re gonna get through this, together.” I kissed him on the lips again, this time for a bit longer and pulled away, holding his face in my hands. I wiped his tears away and looked him right in his chocolate brown eyes.

“I love you Liam.”

~~~~~~~~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy! Yes here is the new chapter! I uploaded it early cause i'm just that awesome! :D so there may or may not be one tomorrow (sunday). BUUUUTTT what did you think of Harry's POV??? Did you see that coming??? HAHA i hope not! Anyways thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting on my stories! It always makes my day! I hope you like it!

E. :)x

P.S if you haven't done so already, i have made a trailer for my other story "Die Young, Stay Pretty" and i'll post the link here. I am also desperate for someone to make me a trailer for this story!! please let me know ASAP if you know of anyone! :)

LINK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o82hcd3siPo

xoxo