Top gun: Fanfiction

Hey I'm Alissa Bradshaw. I'm going to continue from the start, like when I was born. I was born in 1961 in California, I spent my days admiring my father's piloting and watching him fly his planes. I'd always admired planes and wanted to be in the navy, obviously at that time women were not seen as fit for piloting. My mother had always made me help her in the kitchen but I had found an escape to watch my dad pilot. When I was 12 years old, my father had gone out on a mission, as he left I waved him off. My mother had said "don't always expect your father to return" every time he left on a mission, that really pissed me off at that time, I knew he would. That man was such a good pilot he could go through a crash and he would survive, I mean not like he hadn't been in any crashes because he had so many scars from them, but he'd survive.

I was wrong though. This one time, only this time, he didn't come back alive...
I mean he didn't even come back to be honest, he just died in the Indian Ocean, drowned and crashed. The funeral depressed everyone, his navy friends did a ceremony and me and my mother hit the navy badge into his empty coffin.

When I turned 15, I saw him in my dreams telling me to become a pilot,  I had to now and overcome all the sexist comments. I finally felt like I should reveal my dreams to my mother but I thought of how bad she would take me seeing her dead husband in my dreams, telling me to become something unladylike.

My 18th birthday came almost suddenly, I joined the navy so fast and soon befriended two men in my squadron.