Chapter Nine

Two days later, Race Wars was taking place. Bailey had arrived with the rest of the team, and Oliver rode with her. She had been given the chance to race against one of the other racers, which was a woman. The woman bet her pink slip, and Bailey won it, which upset the other woman, but fair was fair. She handed the pink slip to Bailey, and gave her a friendly smile. Maybe twenty minutes later, Brian arrived.

       Bailey still hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Brian, but she had a feeling that he was purposely avoiding her and Mia a bit to keep from hurting himself when he inevitably hurt them. Before he could come over to the team though, Bailey walked over to him and stopped him. The team hadn't seen him yet, so she was in the clear. Oliver followed behind her to keep her out of trouble.

        As soon as Bailey was in front of Brian, she grabbed his shirt, and pulled him to her with force. His eyes went wide, as she glared at him, and the strength she had when she pulled him, as well as the strength in her hands as they gripped his shirt, it kind of scared him. The look in her eyes was scary as well, he believed if looks could kill, he'd be six feet under.

"If you hurt my sister, or you hurt my brother, O'Conner, I will break every bone in your body one by one." She spat, and he looked at his brother with a frown.

"You told her!" He exclaimed, but not loud enough to draw attention.

"I love her, man. I left that shit behind, and I came clean. She knows, she doesn't me, she understands, and she's forgiven me. You should do the same, but since I know you won't, I've promised to watch out for her family. I've also promised to step back if she wants to beat your ass, so you might want to watch out, man." Oliver said, making Brian sigh.

"Have you told them?" He asked, looking down at Bailey.

"No, I promised Oli I wouldn't, but I never promised not to kill you, so you better watch your next moves." She replied, and he simply nodded.

        Letting go of Brian, Baikey turned around and grabbed Oliver's arm lightly.

"Look who I found!" She exclaimed, faking a cheery tone.

"Brian!" Mia cheered, as she went over and hugged him.

        Bailey could tell that there was tension between Brian and Dom, but she wasn't sure what it was from. Everything changed though, when Bailey realized that Jesse was going to race Tran, and he was betting his pink slip. Bailey watched with worry filled eyes, as she gripped Oliver's arm tightly. Her eyes widened when she seen he had lost, and her heart fell when she realized he wasn't stopping.

       Johnny Tran came to the team and Dom that it was in his best interest to find Jesse and get him his car. Bailey went to say something smart-assy to Tran, but Brian had stopped her by pinching her arm. She looked up at the older O'Conner with a heated glare, but she could tell from the look he gave her, that he was trying to save her ass.

      When Tran brought up the police raid, Bailey watched as Brian's eyes scanned the team for a moment. She knew he was nervous, but she also knew he was smart and wouldn't be found out at Race Wars. Tran mentioned that he believed Dom was a snitch or some type of fed, which provoked Dom. He punched Tran in the face, knocking him to the ground. He then climbs on top of Tran and beats him until two officials come to pull Dom off.

       Dom still yelled at Tran for a moment, before he stormed off. He was worried about Jesse, as was the rest of the team, and everyone wanted to know where he went.

"He's not stupid, we'll find him. He's just upset right now." Bailey said, and the others nodded in agreement.

"Are you going to bring your new car home today?" Oliver asked, but Bailey shook her head.

"Nah, I'll take it tomorrow when all of this is over," She replied, smiling up at her boyfriend,"Oh, you'll be driving the car. I can't possibly drive two at one time." She added, causing him to chuckle.

"You still want to teach me to race?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Of course, you've got to be able to hold your own. You never know when knowing how to race might save your ass." She replied, kissing his cheek.

       Brian watched them from a distance, feeling a little jealous of them. He had wished he could've done the same as Oliver, but he didn't have the choice. If he left, he'd be arrested for everything he did while on the job, and so would Oliver. Brian was keeping himself and his brother out of prison by continuing to work the case. He would tell Mia everything if he could, but he was in too deep now, and there wasn't any going back.

"You think by next year, you'll be ready for race wars?" Bailey asked Oliver, causing the man to shrug.

"Depends on how good of a teacher I've got." He replied, and she chuckled.

"Well, smart ass, I've never lost a race against anyone but Dom, so I think you're in good hands." She retorted, causing him to cheekily grin.

       Bailey felt amazing having Oliver at Race Wars with her. Normally she'd be there with her brother, her sister, and the team, but it felt even more amazing with Oliver there with her. She just hoped Brian didn't cause any problems for her, especially at Race Wars. If he caused a scene at Race Wars, he'd be in a lot of trouble with many racers, and he'd put his brother in jeopardy as well. Bailey refused for anything to happen to Oliver, unless he betrayed her...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. The last three chapters will be fast paced, so be ready.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx