Chapter Ten

Later that same day, the team was gathered together talking about another job Dom had found for them to do. Bailey and Mia weren't happy about it at all. They didn't want their brother going down for the job, since there was a good chance he was going to be caught soon. The team allowed Dom to be alone with his sisters, as they argued with him.

"Dom, please, just don't do this." Bailey pleaded, but Dom shook his head.

"This may be our best hit. It'll be our last, and we can live without any money problems or anything. We won't have to do this anymore." He tried to reason, but Bailey wasn't having it.

"Dom, I'm serious, I can't lose you." She said, making him sigh.

"You won't, Bailey. I'm coming back." He replied, before he walked away.

        The team disappeared soon after, and Bailey went straight to her car. She propped herself against the side, crossed her arms, and glared at nothing. As she was seething in anger, Oliver walked over to her.

"Something's about to go down. I heard Brian trying to get Mia to tell him where the team is." Oliver said, causing Bailey to growl.

      Bailey quickly stomped over to Brian and Mia. The couple were surprised to see her, but Brian knew she was there to beat his ass if he upset Mia. Making a split second decision, Brian told Mia that he was a cop, and that he believed the team was in danger.

"I have to go with you." Bailey said, but Mia shook her head.

"No, you and Oliver go back to the house. When this is all over, we'll meet you there." Mia replied, causing Bailey to sigh.

"Promise me you're coming back with Dom." Bailey pleaded, and Mia quickly wrapped her sister in a hug.

"I promise," She answered, before turning to Oliver,"Your ass better keep her there." She said, and Oliver nodded.

       Brian and Mia went to run off, but Mia stopped for a second.

"You're a cop too, which means you used my sister to get to Dom, didn't you?" Mia asked, a glare evident on her face.

"No, no I didn't. I quit my job as soon as she became my girlfriend. I told her I quit, and I told her the truth. Don't be mad at her, and don't tell anyone I told her everything. I made her promise to keep it a secret," Oliver said,"I love her, Mia, and I was willing to lose everything for her." He added, and Mia nodded.

"Good," Mia answered,"Than keep her safe for me, and have fun explaining it all to Dom later." She said, before she ran to Brian's car and left.

"Let's go. Here's the keys." Bailey commented, as she handed Oliver the keys to the car she had won.

      Bailey and Oliver left Race Wars and headed straight back to the house. Bailey knew if she didn't listen to Mia, she'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

"What's going to happen?" Bailey asked, causing Oliver to shrug.

"I don't know. Brian didn't really say anything. I just know he was freaked out about something." Oliver replied, causing Bailey to sigh.

"I have a feeling Dom is going to flip when he sees you with me, once he learns about Brian." Bailey commented, and Oliver chuckled.

"I know he will, but I will tell him like I told Mia. I quit my job, I chose you, and I will continue choosing you every day for the rest of my life." Oliver said, causing Bailey to blush.

        Bailey hoped that her brother would accept Oliver. Oliver was a good guy, and he chose Bailey over his own job and the life he had known for many years. He had chosen her over his own brother at times, and so she hoped Dom would see that, and understand exactly why Bailey believed in him and loved him.

"Would you like to pass some time with me?" Oliver asked, looking over at Bailey with a boyish smirk.

"What exactly are you implying?" Bailey asked,"Are you asking if I want to be bedded, while my brother and sister are out there?" She added, causing Oliver to sigh.

"I'm not saying it like that, sweetheart. I just want to take your mind off the worry, and--" He began, but Bailey cut him off.

"Come on, Oliver. They won't be gone forever." She retorted, and Oliver grinned.

        Bailey lead Oliver up to her room, and she made sure to lock the door, just in case one of the team got home early. That's all she would need is Vince getting back and seeing her and Oliver together. He'd blow a gasket and he'd tell Dom. Dom would definitely hate Brian soon enough, and if he knew Oliver slept with his sister, he'd hate Oliver, too, even if Bailey was able to get him to understand that Oliver wasn't a cop anymore.

       While Bailey and Oliver were together, Mia and Brian were saving the team. Vince did end up hurt, but Brian was the one to save his ass from dying. Obviously he couldn't let the man die, but he wondered if it would've been better for him to at least be knocked out before Brian came clean to everyone. He was just glad that Oliver wasn't there to be hated at the very beginning.

       Brian wasn't going to allow Oliver to be hurt because of him. Hell, Mia liked how much Oliver and Bailey loved each other, so she didn't want the two to be torn apart because of Brian's idiocy. Bailey and Oliver deserved so much more, but there wasn't much more that Brian or Mia could do for them, at least until Dom listened to Oliver and let him explain. If he allowed the man to explain, maybe they'd live happily ever after, but until then, the future wasn't guaranteed...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Two chapters left!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx