Chapter 34 - The News

--- Ohm ---

"Ohm, why are you again staying over in that house?" Dad asked me when I was peacefully enjoying my cheesecake.

I ignored him and continued eating. I had come to return the files to dad.

"And what the hell does this mean?" he yelled showing me the files.

"The cheesecake is delicious. Mom should try a cookery show." I said wiping clean the spoon in my hand.

"Ohm! I am talking to you!" he yelled yet again.

"And I am not answering. Can't you understand?" I said getting up from the couch.

"So what now? You are siding with that family?" he asked.

"That's my family too. I am their son-in-law." I replied.

"It's not even legal in here."

"Then how can your property be saved from trust?"

My dad paused and looked at me wide eyed. "Ohm.... You..."

"Dad, I'll tell you something honestly today. I am not gay."

His stiff expressions softened a bit.

"But... I am a bisexual." I added with a smile."

"What?" he instantly looked at me.

"Don't pretend as if you don't know already. You have seen me kissing Nanon a few years back. You have seen me and him together after our wedding."

"That was all pretense my son. You are not gay." He came closer and held me by my shoulder. "You are just confused because of the situation I put you in. It's my fault I signed that contract. It's my fault that my son is questioning himself. It's my fault that my wife's blood pressure has increased."

"Dad stop! Yes it's true that you signed that contract without giving a second thought and that was wrong. But what I am and how I feel, is not in your hand."

Dad left my shoulder and slumped behind on the chair. He looked shocked.

I sat down on my knee in front of him and held his hand. "Dad, you said you were mad because you thought I will have to suffer with Nanon. But now I am happy. I really am. I love him." I said looking into my father's eyes. This is the first time I am admitting it in front of him.

"Dad I know you have been pretending. But what you did for 20 years wasn't pretence. What you have been doing for last few months is pretence. I know when you saw my reaction after the engagement announcement, you decided to pretend to hate that family in front of me and made this whole plan to make me feel like you care for me more."

He now looked at me stunned. Knowing that his son hasn't misunderstood him at all was maybe a shocker for him. His eyes teared up and he held my hand back tightly.

"Dad please. Don't cry. Please. I know you love me more than anything. I know you were the one who helped Niran book a room that day for us. I know you were the one who got those thugs arrested. I know it all."

"How?" he couldn't manage to say more.

"I... I am sorry but for once I was scared that you might hurt Nanon's family. So I had asked Niran to keep an eye on you."

My dad stiffened for a moment and then chuckled lightly.

"You are exactly like me son." He said and patted my head.

I chuckled lightly too. He quickly pulled me up in a hug. "Please tell me honestly, you really are not lying to save that family and our relation. Right?" he asked rubbing my back.