Chapter 17 - First Day of Office

--- Ohm ---

It's been four months since the wedding. Nanon and I have been getting along ok. At least we did not kill each other.

But days like these remind me the reason of why we got into this puddle.

It is my first day of office. And Nanon's as well.

I am dressed in olive colored suit with light green shirt and brown tie. Whereas Nanon is dressed in grey suit with black shirt and light grey tie.

Both of us look better than how we looked on our wedding day. Coz it's a big day. Today we might get to know who is going to be the future CEO of KP Tech.

Dad and Dad Ae were both CEOs. But they had mutual understand of who should be handling what. In our case I don't think I can share the title with the person sitting beside me.

Either I should be solely responsible or not at all.

As I am driving to the office, I am unable to look at Nanon as my partner.

He is my professional partner. Dad Ae's son.

But not my partner. Today we are not husbands. I am not even able to fake it.

I was almost about to drive out by myself when Nanon stopped me and reminded me that we are supposed to leave together.

In last four months whatever vibe that had changed between us, it evaporated.

Nanon is also not the same as yesterday.

We are both indifferent.

Today I don't care about the pretense. I don't care about who thinks or talks about what. I just want to know who will be the CEO.

Even if the person who is selected will not be allowed to get the designation right away, coz I know we both are inexperienced. But knowing who will be in charge is enough to know my place there.

There is one thing in my mind that I haven't shared with anyone. If by chance Nanon is chosen to be a CEO, I am not going to be a part of KP Tech. I'll quietly resign and start with my own business.

That will make my dad very angry I know. But I can't...

I turned to look at Nanon who is quietly looking out of the window.

He is shaking his legs vigorously. I can sense the tension there as well.

Maybe he would have thought about splitting the company or quitting the company as well. Who knows? But I can be sure about one thing, that he can't be comfortable working under me as well.

That has been established from the day we made this arrangement. We have been tolerating each other for this only.

We reached the grand building entrance and got out of the car.

It is 18 storey glass building with a huge illuminated banner of KP on the top.

We could see many people with ID cards hanging in front walking into the building. Apparently nobody turned around to even look at us. A few girls did turn and give a second glance before running back to the building.

The valet came and took away the car from us.

A bunch of company executives dressed in their absolute best, should have lined up here to greet us. Though I cannot see anyone but the security guards.

I checked the time and we are 10 minutes early from office hours.

I looked at Nanon confused. He looked puzzled as well.

"It's weird." I said.

"Yeah... I expected everyone to be here." Nanon said looking around.

"Yes... Me too."