Chapter 10 - We Are Engaged

--- Nanon ---

At the sports club as soon as I entered the changing room for changing into my soccer uniform, I was greeted by nine shocked pair of eyes. They all looked at me like they had seen a ghost.

I took a deep breath and then smiled at them. "Good evening."

"Hey! We are changing. Do you mind getting out for the time being?" Third said. His expressions said that he was disgusted. I felt like someone punched me on my face without touching me.

And it was Third of all people. The one who used to roam around me all the time like some secretary of mine. I always respected him and treated him as one of my close friends.

I ignored them and went straight to my locker. I took out my team uniform and started to change into it.

"Guys, let's change once the pervert is done." Nut yelled at the others.

This time I turned to look at everyone. Nut is another one of my friends with whom I used to hang out on regular basis. When Drake gave us a warning in the morning, I did not think of them to talk in this way about me.

And even if they did, I was expecting some decency while talking to me directly. Now I'm furious at myself for having such hypocrites around me.

"What did you say?" I asked annoyed.

"Who knows what all you would be ogling at. I am feeling uncomfortable." Nut replied with a scowl.

"Hey Nut. Stop being outrageous." Fluke, one of the players said. He gave me a brief nod before continuing to change into his uniform.

Others in the team followed the suite. It was only Third and Nut who glared at everyone wide eyed.

"Are you guys not worried about having him around?" Third said.

"You were the one roaming around him the most like how planets rotate around The Sun." Jimmy entered the changing room. He bumped into Third's shoulder before passing him and walking to his locker.

Nut glared at him for a second longer before his expression turned into a grin.

"Oh Jimmy! Tell me something, are you like him too? Aren't you guys always together? Did you two..." Nut turned to Jimmy with a crooked grin.

"Watch your mouth!" I walked to him angrily. "You are my friend Nut. And that's why I am ignoring your shit. But my tolerance has its limit."

"Leave it Non. Let the dogs bark." Jimmy said changing into his uniform.

"Or else what, huh? I am not afraid of your sissy punches." Nut replied now glaring at me.

"Guys, stop it right now. Or coach will punish us all." Top, another player from the team said.

"Yes. Whatever personal business we all have, that should not affect the team." Sam, another player from the team added. I was relieved listening to these guys. At least the others were behaving normally.

"I don't know about you guys, but I am not comfortable around him. Of course he is the trustee's son and the team captain. I am not expecting him to be out of the team. But I will keep my distance."

"Then keep your distance. Don't talk to us at all. Or else next time I am going to punch your face so hard; you might won't be able to recognize yourself in the mirror." Jimmy said walking to him and staring right into his eyes.

"Stop it!" I yelled. I am the captain here. I need to make peace. "I am done changing. I am leaving now. Everybody change and come out for practice." I said and walked out of the changing room.