Ashura's Incarnation Arc - Chapter 9: Ogre

After defeating the orcs, Asura collected the cores of all of them and started searching the pouches that they always carried with them. The old grandma said these things often brought with them herbs that are common deep in the forest.

"Found it." Asura exclaimed while taking out a green herb out of one of the pouches the orcs had. It looked similar to a pandan albeit slightly shorter and having a contrasting color of purple.

I've heard this herb is what the orcs eat after every meal to help their metabolism. Perhaps this herb is something like a supporting ingredient for potion making.

「Asura, let's go home after you're done with looting them. Also, you made sure not to destroy their cores during the fight, right?」

"Understood, and no, I don't think I've found a destroyed core so far."

「Good to hear.」

While Asura was occupied and immersed in collecting our spoils, my life sensors detected a large signature approaching us from the back. It's still a few ways back but it's coming to our direction at a striding speed.

「Asura, prepare for combat. Their boss is coming.」

I expected something like a big orc but what appeared turned out to be something else. It looked like a japanese ogre with a bulging robust figure and holding a giant bat that was swung towards Asura who barely reacted in time.

"F-Fast!"

Asura was surprised but nevertheless blocked the attack with her hands. After she met the strike head on, her two arms seem to have been destroyed, wounded and fractured and her smaller figure was sent flying to crash at the trunk of a tree. She almost let out a scream but before she could fully absorb the pain, I blocked out her pain receptors causing her to slightly calm down.

Regenerating her severely damaged body took me a second but that made us lose alot of stamina. I have to regain it somehow or else I'll have no way to fight.

"Rok fetir, igazima. For tou!"

The ogre spoke of a language unfamiliar to me, which means that Asura also has no knowledge of what that thing is saying.

"Gra rugishima ferin."

The ogre held it's bat menacingly and pointed it's bloody tip towards us. I've noticed during it's poise that it only wore clothes on it's lower body and that it's bat was starting to emanate a sort of yellow light.

It's positioning and stance was considerably better than the orcs. It's obvious this thing won't be an easy opponent.

「I could tell it wants to battle.」

While observing the light coming out of the ogre's weapon, something like a green reticle in my eyesight was focusing itself on the weapon and a loading window appeared below it. Currently it had 7% and still increasing. I don't know what it means but it shouldn't be anything bad.

"Groaar!"

The ogre charged at us in full force, ready to swing it's gigantic bat on us with killing intent. Asura barely managed to evade it's horizontal strike, inflicting a small cut on her cheek.

Despite it's size, it's unbelievably fast. Perhaps even faster than Asura, how can we win against this?!

Before any grave injuries find themself on Asura again, I joined the battle and grew an exoskeleton to protect her whole body even if just a little.

"Ashura-sama, I can't find an opening!"

The ogre kept bashing it's weapon at us in all directions as if attacking us in a frenzy. Clearly it didn't want to give Asura a chance to recover.