Ashura's Incarnation Arc - Chapter 8: Fatal Contact

It was 6am in the morning when Asura and I departed from the city. A thick haze surrounded the entirety of the snow fields formerly known as the grass plains.

Some children were outside enjoying the snow, while some adult men were even making snowmen out of them for fun. Don't they have anything better to do? Well I guess they should atleast have some times they can act like kids.

I could somehow relate. Since Asura was going at a straight line heading to the northwest, the view shifted and I had to make a miniature eye to continue watching their silliness.

"Your highness, do you think orcs are strong?"

That was a question I never expected. The truth is I don't know since I just came to this world, she's asking me because ofcourse the War God Ashura has definitely fought orcs before. So she's asking out of experience. I have to act my part, as unsuspecting as possible.

「I don't know if they're strong or not. They easily die anyway.」

"I-Is that so? You must be so strong when you were young, Ashura-sama."

「Haha, I guess so.」

When she said that, I recalled my earlier years where I often got into fights with gangsters at my school. Ofcourse I always won, what can some thugs do to a heir of a martial arts dojo? Unless they bring some bats or weapons do they actually stand a chance. Otherwise, I'd crack their skulls open.

「Are you sure the intel with the orcs are correct?」

"Hm. I think so. It definitely suggests they're in a truce with the kobolds too so it'll be more difficult to acquire their cores."

「We'll be able to beat them. Don't worry.」

I'm not sure about my claim but I'll make it happen one way or another, if it comes to it I'll take over Asura's body to fight.

"We're here."

Asura positioned herself to a safe thicket, crouching while revealing as less of herself possible. The only thing we've brought with us is an empty bag.

In terms of weaponry, Asura's body is the weaponry.

Asura poked one of her fingers at the gaps in the thicket and I grew a miniature eye there to surveil the enemy camp without much exposure.

"Three orcs and four kobolds..."

Asura noted while seeing through the miniature eye. I turned it back to normal after it served it's use.

After confirming their exact numbers and making sure they didn't have any reinforcements nearby, I started thinking of a course of action.

"Master I want to charge in and kill them."

Right, what am I thinking for? Charge right in and make them lifeless bodies, I can't believe this kid is more brute than me.

Are you kidding me!? I would have to take over her body so she could handle that many!

Woah!

Asura without my permission started moving by herself and headed towards the orcs and kobolds. For the time being, I used the [Skill Share] skill and lent her my [Martial Arts] skill.

Being too careful is never bad.

"Oink!?"

Our opponents seem to have acknowledged our presence already and readied their weapons. Their growling and grunts getting louder as we approached, Asura showed no signs of stopping, in fact, she's even accelerating. Her flourishing speed is going to the point that our stamina is getting drained quicker. Is she doing this knowing we can just get it back by eating?