Ashura's Incarnation Arc - Chapter 3: Creepy Skills

Although I viewed some of her memories, as I am an entirely different person and she is too, I only obtained a small portion of her knowledge and not all of it, so there's still a need for me to question her about the things I'm not informed about. I just hope she's reliable enough to provide me that though.

「First off, what exactly happened for you to end up here?」

As if prepared to answer this question for a very long time, she explained the cause to me.

"The Ashura Tribe was raided by slave sellers who wanted our clan's combat prowess. I don't know why they made such a large-scale invasion to subjugate every one of my people, though. But it's far from normal; usually, they would just abduct some of us at least once every few years."

No way... They know these things are happening to them and they're not doing anything about them? According to the memories I saw, the Ashura Tribe specialized in combat.

「How did you lose?」

"The enemies... At midnight on a full moon, they launched a surprise attack by showering the whole camp with arrows that were emitting some green smoke. When my people inhaled it, they fell asleep, and so everyone got captured. Including me."

「What happened to your parents? And what happened to your mouth? Are you alone?」

"According to what I've heard from eavesdropping, the adults were immediately dispatched as battle slaves somewhere at the Star Continent. As for me... They cut off my tongue and slit my mouth after I protested against them. After they've done this to me, and in order to silence me as well, some alchemists looking for human guinea pigs happened to have bought me which leads me to where I am now."

A brave girl, but also a courageous fool. That is lots of the questions of mine solved, she talks a lot but it may just be an effect of her not being able to converse with someone after a long while.

「Thanks for diligently answering my questions, I have more in mind but that may come later. For now, our topmost priority is getting you out of this place.」

Right after I said this to her, everyone's attention was stolen by the loud crashing sounds of the room's backdoor which most likely led outside.

"Hurry up and transfer the goods, you useless hooligans!"

An eyepatched bandit with twin swords on his back roared at his subordinates supervising this girl and the other slaves. Behind him was the scenery of a green forest, looking at the sky outside, it seems to be early evening, the sun is close to setting.

"You! Stand up and get moving!"

The girl's body was jolted upwards by some bandit from behind us, and she obeyed afterward, then got in line with the other victims being led outside.

"Any funny movements and we'll make sure you won't be able to speak just like that girl over there."

They warned us brusquely, while the speaker pointed his finger at me— I mean the girl. I don't think there's any possibility of any of them escaping with these thick steel shackles though.

「Just hold on for a bit, and we'll find a chance to escape.」

Even though she didn't give a response, I felt that she listened to me for some reason. Eventually, every slave here, including us, was transported to a cage inside a horse carriage, and the eyepatched bandit went in to watch over us inside the cage.

A few minutes after mounting the vehicle, it started moving along with the hoofs and puffs of the horses from the front. The road was muddy and slippery due to the outpour of rain outside.