Chapter 12 × Waffles!

HOLY CRAP, thank you for almost 50 votes and almost 1k reads!!

I hope you all enjoy this!

----------------------------------------------------------

We walked downstairs with Naruto's clothes covering me. It gives me a sense of comfort.

"Where should we go for breakfast?" I asked, fumbling with the chair as I sat on the stool.

"Hmm, there's a cafe I know that has a lot of sweet things." Naruto answered as he grabbed his shoes from beneath the coat rack.

He handed me my shoes soon after. "We can go there then." I smiled, grabbing the shoes. "Thank you." I muttered, pulling the shoes onto my feet.

As we walked there, he held my hand. I didn't care of anybody saw unless I knew them personally. Like my parents... I don't know how to tell them, but I'm so happy with Naruto, so I feel like it doesn't matter what they think.

As we arrived, I saw pink hair pop up as a girl with purple hair pointed at us, blushing. "Ah.. they're here?" I muttered, holding onto Naruto's hand a little tighter.

Naruto looked at me, and then back at them, soon whispering in my ear. "I don't know them too well, do you?"

I shook my head. "Besides Sakura, no... I don't know the purple haired girl at all." We eventually walked over to them. Sakura Haruno. She is a very smart girl from my class, and though I found her annoying at times, she was still a supportive friend. But she and I didn't talk too much.

"What do you know, the two hottest kids in school hanging around each other!" Sakura laughed, scooting over so that we could sit down.

A heads up: this isn't SakuNaru at all I hate that ship lmao (no slander, just an opinion) she's just saying Naruto is an attractive guy compared to others in her year.

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled, pulling Naruto next to me. He looked very confused, and I don't blame him, so am I.

"So, what are you two doing here?" Sakura asked cheerfully. "Oh, us?..." I looked at Naruto. He smiled at me. "Well, um..." I didn't know how to answer.

Should I tell her the truth?... I don't know her too well anyway. But she might tell others, too...

"We're on a date." Naruto answered for me with a smile plastered on his face. Sakura gasped. "Really??!" She giggled. "Wooow, who knew somebody could steal Sasuke's cold heart! He doesn't talk to like, anybody..."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Naruto... You idiot..."
Naruto looked at me confused. "Eh? What is it?"

Now Sakura will keep bringing it up... Hahaha..

"Well, what about you, Sakura? Who's the girl?" I asked, genuinely interested. "Oh, her name is Hinata! We've been pretty close lately. But she's pretty shy." She laughed softly.

Hinata awkwardly smiled, waving, still blushing like before when we first arrived. "Oh my God! I remember you now!!" Naruto pointed at her, flinching.

"You're that girl that sent a love letter to me!" He said, oblivious to the poor girl's feelings.

Damn, Naruto, you can't be more oblivious can you...

Sakura froze, looking back at her, laughing. "Realllyyy?" Hinata shook her head, blushing harder.

"Well, anyway, we have to get going but have fun you two." I said, standing up along with Naruto.

She nodded, and with that we left to another seat. A waitress soon came up, handing us a menu, soon leaving. "What do you want to eat?" Naruto beamed.

I looked through the menu, seeing waffles. My eyes lit up. I quickly pointed to it. It was waffles with idea cream and a strawberry on it. "Oh wow, you really love sweet things then, huh?" Naruto chuckled.

"Alright, I'll get some waffles too then." He smiled. The waitress came over eventually, asking what we wanted. "Can we have two waffle ice cream specials with some water?" Naruto asked to the waitress, handing the menus to her.

"Of course! Is that all?" She asked, and Naruto nodded. "Yeah. Thanks!" He said playfully.

"How is the date so far?" Naruto reached over, clasping my hand. I blushed. "It's.. good."

He giggled. "That's great! You're going to have a lot of fun with me today, then,"

I smiled. Yes, this is one of the best days of my life... No, the best few months of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------

:) Very wholesome

731 words