On The Run

Honestly, why did she even try at this point. After waking up five times from her nap due to some nightmares, she had gone back to sleep, and was now experiencing her sixth nightmare. It was all the same.

Being defeated by LBD and fleeing the city. Though each time, her mind would twist thing up a bit and make it appear even more horrible than it actually had been. She would never admit it, but she was quite happy when she was gently shaken awake.

"Jiang, come on. You gotta wake up. I think Monkey King has something you might want to hear" She heard Mei's voice say. "Mmmm, tell him I said five more minutes" Jiang muttered, earning a soft chuckle. "He said he would come in himself and drag you out if you didn't get up" she said, a hint of laughter in her voice.

"Hmph. Let him try" Jiang replied as she moved onto her stomach and held on to her pillow. "Jiang!" Mei called out, making the girl sigh. "Oh alright, alright. Give me five minutes to get ready" Jiang grumbled.

Mei turned the lights on before she left the room, then she closed the door, giving Jiang some privacy. The girl let out a sigh before getting out of bed and looking through the wardrobe. A while ago, everyone had packed up some clothes on the airship for anytime that they would go camping.

Now, Jiang chose her usual clothing, and brushed and put up her hair, securing it in place with her hair sticks. Then, she left her room and got to the door that led to the outside deck. There, she leaned against the doorway as she watched Tang get ticked off because Pigsy had taken his book.

"Well, look who's up. I was actually going to go get you myself" Jiang heard Wukong say from behind her. She turned to look at him as he came up with a smile and took in his appearance. He had changed his torn clothes and broken armor plate for a dark blue long sleeve shirt and a lighter blue shirt vest.

A white scarf-like piece of clothe was tied around his waist and he now had red pants, along with new footwear. He had also given up the Phoenix feathers cap that he usually wore. The look on his face turned to slight surprise when he saw the hair sticks that Jiang always had in her hair.

More specifically, he was slightly surprised by the accessory that decorated one of them. "You, kept it?" He asked as he gently tapped the feather. The very feather that had fallen when he took off after defeating the Spider Queen.

"What, this?" Jiang asked as she removed the one hair stick and showed it to him. She let Wukong hold it as he held it up for a closer look. "Eh, what can I say? I needed something other than memories to remember you by" Jiang said, with a light shrug.

She softly smiled when Wukong's eyes shot up to meet her half-lidded ones. He gave a soft huff of laughter, and looked back at the decorated chop stick he held. "Arts and crafts person I'm guessing?" He said, handing the accessory back.

"Meh, you could say that" Jiang said before replacing the hair stick. Heading out onto the deck, she spotted Mei giving her a smirk with a raised eyebrow. Upon seeing Jiang's slightly confused look, Mei mouthed the words 'You like him' and nodded her head towards the Monkey King, who was settling down cross legged on the floor and didn't see what was going on.

Jiang gave a soft glare to Mei, who softly giggled, then came over. "He does have a few injuries. You should help him out" she muttered, handing over a roll of bandages. "Quit saying that I like him! We're just friends. That's it" Jiang told her, pointing the roll of bandages at her.

"Whatever you saaaayyyy~" Mei said in a sing sing voice as she turned and walked away. Jiang sighed, then she settled down beside Wukong, who gave her a questioning glance. "Face forward so I can see where your head is" Jiang told him, making him chuckle.