Sweet'N'Sour

Jiang remained silent with a look in her eyes that promised murder as she gently pressed an ice bag against the red and slowly bruising mark on her brother's check. He let out a small sound of pain, and Jiang's expression softened a bit. "Sorry, but we got to keep the swelling down buddy" she said, her tone apologetic.

Oo, the things that were going through her mind right now. She was so going to find the boys that hurt her brother, and see if she couldn't put them in the hospital. No one gets to lay a hand with harmful intent in him.

"It's fine. But I've had it up to here with those speedy panda delivery brick heads. They've been sabotaging me all week!" MK cried. "Those punks with their flash frozen microwave junk. Convenience can never replace traditional home cooked family recipes" Pigsy said, glancing at a family photo. "Yeah, but they do do it quicker" MK said.

He went quiet as Pigsy glared at him while Jiang raised an eyebrow. You really want to side with the people that just ganged up on you?, She thought, pressing the ice bag on a little harder. "All I'm saying is, maybe you could afford to pick up the pace?" MK said.

"Pick up the pace?! You and Jiang are the delivery drivers. You two pick up the pace! Every noodle from Pigsy's Noodles is handcrafted from scratch. With love, care. It's what out customers have come to expect!" Pigsy cried. "Don't you worry Pigsy. I'm a loyal customer" Tang said. "More like a loyal freeloader" Pigsy told him, making Tang gasp in an offended manner.

"He's got a point Tang. When was the last time you actually paid for your food?" Jiang asked as she took the ice bag back to the freezer to let it cool off. She was amused at the way Tang spluttered, clearly offended with the way she had sided with Pigsy. "I'm telling you Pigsy! If something doesn't change, we're gonna be run out of business!" MK cried.

Oo, that would be bad news. It wasn't easy to find a job that paid as good as Pigsy did. "Ah, you guys don't get it. I poured my heart into this place. From the pots, to the utensils, even my grandmother's antique windows!" The pig demon cried, pulling down the wooden carved out windows that had been tucked away in the wall. Then, a brick with a note tied to it crashed through.

"...That's vandalism" Jiang said after putting her arms down. Hey, who wanted to get glass in their face? Not her.

Pigsy pulled the note, opening it up. "Well, what does it say?" Jiang asked, hand on her hip. "Hmm. Attention Pigsy's Noodles. Prepare for your worst nightmare. We challenge you to food wars to determine which restaurant truly reigns supreme. Signed Speedy Panda" Tang recited out loud.

"So, someone gonna tell me what the food wars is?" MK asked. "Speedy Panda's basically challenging us to a cook off" Jiang told him, crossing her arms. "It is so much more than just a cook off Jiang! It's an official arena for chefs to duke it out! And winners are hailed supreme over all others! Speedy Panda, I accept your challenge!" Pigsy cried out.

"Why did I agree to this again?" Jiang muttered to herself as she stood in the arena. Oh yeah, pay raise if they won. She had put her hair up in an extra tight bun(she had even tucked her bangs away) and tied her jacket around her waist.

Gently petting the multi-colored feather for good luck, Jiang walked out with Pigsy and MK. The arena had a line right down the middle, separating two kitchens that were out on the field, and Jiang stood with her team in front of their designated spot, listening as the announcers began talking. Welcome one and all to Food Wars! Today, two teams will compete in three rounds in food combat in order to be crowned supreme restaurant champion! Introducing first, from Pigsy's Noodle shop, Pigsy and his assistants, Jiang and MK!

Jiang looked around with a soft smile and waved to the people that were up in the stands, a good few of them waving back. And their opponents, Speedy Panda, and it's owners, these guys! Jiang facepalmed when she saw two, very familiar demons.