Chapter 13

(Laff PoV)

They're breaking. Slowly, but they're breaking.

The only reason we haven't commenced experiments with Meme and Tbh is because their brains are more developed than the others, being the oldest of the group alive. So we had to work around it a little bit, wait a little bit so they won't resist.

Make them lose hope in everything.

And forget who they truly are.

Although I sometimes wonder why I like doing what my father, Eli, asks. It's not like I like him - he's my dad, but he did turn me into a semi-mechanical monster to be avoided at all costs. But we're still close. I think.

Ally's been getting impatient. I've told her approximately 37 times (whoops, robot brain kicked in there) that we should just work with the ones we have, and bring the other two in later. But she's been getting snappy with me, and usually that's not a good sign when it comes to Ally.

Eli sent me down to go get Meme and Tbh so we can test them again, check to see how much longer before we can use them. I feel like we don't have to wait much longer, but Eli would rather be safe about it. Doesn't wanna risk wasting an experiment.

I walked down the hallway and stopped at where Meme and Tbh were sitting in their unit. I cleared my throat, and Meme looked up at me. He was sitting against the wall, his arm comfortingly around Tbh. He scowled at me.

"Here to obey your dad's orders?" He retorted.

"Actually, yes," I said, not bothering to come up with some comeback. Meme rolled his eyes and used his good leg to stand up, offering his hand to Tbh to help him. Tbh shook his head, and stood up on his own to help Meme walk.

I waited impatiently for them before opening the containment door and supervising them down the hallway. I led them down the corridor until we reached a door with a sign that said "AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY." There was a panel next to it with a screen. I held my robotic hand up to it, and the door clicked.

I opened the door and urged Tbh and Meme inside forcefully. After closing the door behind them, I continued down the hallway until I reached the control room door. I entered, and walked over to Eli, who was standing at the window looking into the chamber.

"How's their progress?" I asked.

"I believe it's going... rather well," Eli replied, "You were right to bring them here. They will be fine additions to the tests."

"Thank you," I nodded.

Eli pressed a button on the panel, and one of the doors in the walls of the chamber opened. Inside, I saw J-00C13, or Joocie, walk out, a gun in his hand. The bullets were just practice bullets, but they could still draw blood.

Joocie aimed at Meme, who didn't move fast enough to dodge the bullet. Meme fell backwards, wincing as he hit the ground. Tbh rushed to help, but Joocie shot him in the arm. Tbh yelped in surprise, and fell on the ground next to Meme.

Interesting how they don't seem to want to fight back.

Eli grabbed the box-shaped mic for the intercom. "Alright, that's enough."

Joocie looked up at him in disbelief. "I just started!"

"I said, enough!" Eli said. Joocie rolled his eyes in annoyance and walked back to the door where he came from, which closed behind him as he entered.

Eli smiled. "I think they're ready for testing."

"Really?" I questioned.

"They're too weak-minded to fight back," Eli explained, "Easier to alter their thoughts."

"Ah," I said, "Got it. That makes sense."

"Call in A-117X to help you escort them to the next phase," Eli ordered me, "Make sure they don't find N-4 or the others."

I nodded. "Whatever you say."

As I walked out of the room, I pressed a sequence of buttons on my wrist, and I heard Ally's voice on the other end of the transmitter.

"What do you want?"

"Eli says they're ready," I said, "Meet me at Exit 4C to escort them. Steer clear of the other experiments."

"About time," I heard Ally mutter, "I'm on my way."

I switched off the transmitter and continued down the hall, ready to finally do what I brought them here for.

—————————

(??? POV)

Cold.

That's all I felt.

Even with a heat lamp above my head, providing me warmth, I was still chilled to the bone. I wasn't surprised by this - they did turn me into some kind of reptile-human hybrid thing, so I think I'm somewhat ectothermic. But it just reminded me of how much of the human side of me is left. Hardly anything at all, it feels.

I leaned against the wall of my containment, looking through the window that separated me and the experiment in the next room. Honestly, I feel like I know him, but I can't seem to recall when I had seen him before.

He was also half human, but he was mixed with a gray wolf, I think. His skin was pale, and had a thin layer of light gray fur. Instead of human ears he had two black wolf like ears on top of his head. A black wolf tail trailed behind him. He just seemed to be hitting his head against the wall depressingly, trying to block out any sounds from his sensitive ears.

Poor guy.

In the unit on the other side of me, I heard the door slam shut as the guards threw the experiment inside. I knew him - Subject J-00C13. Always so tense and bloodthirsty. You don't wanna find him in a bad mood.

J-0 hissed in annoyance and sat down in the back of his unit. I heard they were wearing some new guys down for experimentation. The boss must have decided they were ready in the middle of his test.

I looked up at my heat lamp and searched for a button that would increase the warmth. No such luck. I sighed and stared back out the front window, swinging my tail out of boredom.

A few minutes later, I heard some people coming down the hallway. I heard the sounds of struggle, and assumed they were bringing in some experiments. A few guards came around the corner, along with two different experiments. When the guards threw the two into a unit, I got a better look at them.

One of them had a fluffy blue Cookie Monster onesie a mechanized leg - probably got messed up at some point. I noticed the eyes on his onesie followed his eyes, so I guessed that was part of his experimentation.

The other had a six robotic legs protruding from his back and a red crab-looking hoodie that reminded me of a character from that one show I used to watch... what was it called, again? Eh. Doesn't matter.

I also noticed that half of the crab guy's face had been replaced by robotic parts. Both of the experiments must have been in some bad fight before this.

There was something familiar about the two. I couldn't recall where, but I could've sworn I had seen them before.

My thoughts were interrupted by a guard opening my unit door.

"Hey, time for your test," the guard grunted. I slowly stood up and walked to the impatient guard, and walked with him as I prepared for my test.

----------

hehe yeah get ready for me to speed publish everything >:)

1222 words woah