Chapter 9

(Laff PoV)

"Excellent work, Laff," Ally stated.

I stood up and looked at Blaza's limp body on the ground. He wasn't dead, he just passed out. It felt good that I had succeeded in obliging to Eli's orders.

But there was still that part of me that said something was wrong here. This shouldn't have to happen.

I shook off the thought and waited for Ally's instructions.

"Now, we need to inform Eli of our success, so he can take us back to Section 5," Ally said.

"...what's Section 5?"

I turned around and instinctively brought out my robotic tentacles and grabbed the source of the voice.

It was Nadwe.

Ally sighed. "I thought you said we were alone!"

"I told Meme I'd take care of him, and forgot!" I argued.

"What are you guys doing?!" Nadwe questioned, obviously panicked and shocked.

Ally walked over to him and seemed to observe him for a moment.

"We can't just let him go, can we?" I asked.

"No... but I do know that Eli has been wanting a new subject to test," Ally smiled. "And this one may be just the kid we need."

"Laff, Ally, just let me go! I-I swear, I won't say a thing!" Nadwe stuttered.

"Sorry," Ally said, "But we can't count on that."

Ally signaled to me, and I obliged, sending electric currents up my tentacle. Nadwe screamed in pain, and after a while he passed out, too.

"Get through to Section 5 and tell them we did the job," Ally said, "And tell Eli we got another subject for him."

I nodded, and switched off the cloaking device on my left arm, revealing metal plating and a row of different buttons below a screen on the back of my hand. I pressed a few, and I heard a voice on the other end.

"Section 5, standing by. State your designation number."

"It's me, L-4FF," I said, "A-117X and I just acquired the target. And an extra."

"B-1424?"

"Yep."

The voice at the other end remained silent for a moment as I heard the clicking of buttons. "I'll inform Eli and send a pickup crew. Stay where you are."

"Will do. Over and out," I said. I switched off the transmitter and looked up at Ally. Ally smiled.

"Now all that's left to do is wait."

—————————

About an hour later, the pickup crew arrived in a large van that looked like an FBI vehicle, only it didn't say FBI on it. Inside I could see two men, Eli and some other guy. We met them outside the house.

Eli got out of the truck and walked over to us.

"Good job, you two," Eli said, "You certainly make a good team."

"Thank you," Ally said. Eli turned and observed the passed-out Nadwe I was holding in my tentacle.

"He'll be a suitable test subject for my next experiment," Eli stated. "Throw them both in the truck. We'll get all of you back to Section 5."

I followed Eli over to the back of the van, where I put Nadwe and Blaza in the back. Ally climbed in after them. Eli turned back to me.

"You coming?" He said.

"I'll stay a little longer," I replied, "Blaza's got some friends that'll be wondering where he is. And I have a plan for that."

Eli smiled. "That's my son. We'll meet you back at Section 5 when you're ready."

I nodded, and watched as he climbed into the van and drove off to the north.

—————————

(Meme POV)

As we pulled into Blaza's driveway, I noticed Laff standing outside, a panicked look on his face. I got out, along with Tbh and Muffin. Woolfster, another friend of ours, had tagged along, along with Dino.

"Laff, what's wrong?" I said.

"It-it's Blaza. And Ally," he said, "They ran away, back to the place they were experimented on. They took Nadwe with them."

"What?" I gasped. Dino and Woolf looked at each other worryingly. They had come because they wanted to help Blaza, but they couldn't really do that when he's not here.

"Wait, you're the son of their... trainer, or whatever he is, right?" I said.

"Y-yeah," Laff said.

"So you know where the lab place is, then?" I asked.

"Yeah... I guess I do," Laff said.

"Then we're going to go get him!" I said, and started dragging him to the car. Laff twisted out of my grip.

"Meme, who knows what they'll do to us if we go!" Laff said.

"Too bad, I am getting my friend back," I said. "You guys coming?"

Woolf, Dino, Tbh, and Muffin all nodded and climbed into the car. I sat in the driver's seat, Laff in the passenger seat next to me.

"Alright," I said, "Where to?"

-----------------

speedrun time >:3

751 words