Chapter 2

I quickly snapped around to look behind me to see Socks standing, dumbstruck, in the doorway.

I backed away slowly. "Socks... this is not what it looks like-"

"YOU HAVE FREAKING TENTACLES COMING OUT OF YOUR BACK, HOW COULD IT NOT BE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE?!" Socks exclaimed. I quickly put my tentacle over his mouth.

"Hush! Someone could hear you!" I said.

But someone did.

"Socks?" I heard Tbh say from behind the door, "is something wro-"

Tbh came around the corner and stopped talking immediately as he saw me standing by the sink.

"HOLY-" he started, but I put a second tentacle over his mouth.

"Seriously, quit talking that loud!" I said sternly. I slowly pulled back my tentacles and put my sunglasses back on, retracting them completely.

"What-" Socks said, "Who-"

I sighed. "You we're not supposed to see that," I said, "So don't tell anyone else you saw it. Got that?"

Tbh replied, "What was that, though?"

"Let's just say," I said, "There's a lot more to me than meets the eye."

——————

Socks and I left after that.

I felt uncomfortable the whole way home. I had easily kept my past from the others all these years, but now two people knew my secret. And I knew Socks was going to ask questions about it.

And I was gonna have to answer them.

Once we got into my house, Socks closed the door and sighed. He looked at me worriedly.

"Would you like to explain WHAT THE HECK THAT WAS?!" he asked.

I looked at him. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do," Socks replied, "I'm your friend, I have a right to know if you need help."

"It's not that I need help," I told him, "I've been like this half my life."

He was obviously surprised by that. "How do you hide something like that?!"

"It's the sunglasses," I explained, tapping my sunglasses, "If my line of sight is blocked, then none of my enhancements show through. Unless my eye is glowing, like it was earlier."

"Enhancements?" Socks questioned.

I sighed. "Starting around the age of six, I was experimented on by the military."

Socks stared at me, shocked.

I continued. "They made me stronger, trained me to fight. I was used as a weapon of mass destruction. And if I didn't do what they wanted me to do, it was either taser or locked in a small room with no windows for hours on end."

"Were there..." Socks started, but I knew what he was going to ask.

"Others? Yes," I interrupted, "Only one that I knew of. Ally, or Subject A-117X. My only real friend before I met you guys."

"What happened to her?" Socks asked.

"We escaped together," I said, "But my trainer found us. I'm only here because she sacrificed her freedom to give me mine."

"Oh," Socks said, "I'm sorry-"

"It's fine," I sighed, "I haven't talked about her in so long, it's kind of nice to have someone who will listen and not run away screaming because I'm dangerous."

Socks sat down next to me on the couch and put his arm around me. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thanks, Socks."

"No problem, Blaza."

--------------

SPEEDWRITE GO BRRRRRRRRRR