CHAPTER 12

Li Jin got up less than six o'clock in the morning and ate a bowl of noodles with clear soup.

It is estimated that it is past nine o'clock. After all, his body is only a young man of about eighteen years old and is still growing up that he needs to supplement it.

With his empty stomach, he decided to buy two steamed buns.

Li Jin walked along the street of Xinglintang to the end, then turned to the right, and walked for less than three minutes, which brought him to the main street of the town.

The town is low on the ground, but the ground is extremely flat, making it easy to build houses, and there are seven or eight small villages around it. Therefore, this main street is always lively and tight.

At the intersection of the main street located the steamed bun shop. The steamed buns with the size of an adult fist are white and soft and steaming, which makes people's appetite greatly increased.

The lady boss looked at Li Jin's face, she always felt like she had seen him somewhere, but she couldn't remember.

But this does not prevent her from greeting Li Jin and selling him her steamed buns: "Young man, do you want to eat steamed buns?"

Li Jin is not shy away since he has money in his purse, and asks: "Madam, how much does it cost for a bun?"

The proprietress spoke sharply
"A penny for vegetarian stuffing and two pennies for meat."

Recalling where she possibly saw Li Jin she thought, that if she had seen such a handsome young man, she would definitely not forget it.

After all, her brother is fourteen this year. As soon as next year is over, she'll marry him off. She has been looking for a possible son-in-law to match her child for a while now.

Li Jin said: "Then I'll take two vegetarian fillings."

The proprietress smiled and said, "You don't want to try our meat buns? The lotus roots mixed with minced meat, it is popular to the town's people ."

Li Jin paused and said, "pack the vegetarian buns, first."

After speaking, he took out a copper plate and handed it to the proprietress.

The proprietress filled him with buns and then shook her head. Thought to herself that the young man is handsome but poor.

Although her child is a brother, she also hopes that the child will marry better, at least without worrying about food and clothing.

What's the use of just looking at the face? It's handsome and can't be eaten.

Li Jin strolled around the main street while eating the two steamed buns with plain stuffing.

I have to praise that there is no such thing as bleaching or fluffing in ancient flour. The skins of the buns are all made by hand, and then steamed with a bamboo steamer. The soup in the fillings melts into the skin a little. The veggie stuffed buns with tofu, cabbage, and vermicelli are not even more delicious.