18

——

——

one week, one week has passed since the fight and as days go on and on, the more quiet jia becomes, the more violent heeseung gets, and this time...she's not there to stop him with anything.

"come on jia when are you going to talk to him, you're letting him beat himself up." sunghoon sighed, staring at me who's head was down.

"he's getting violent each day, at least when you were there you helped him stop, he listens to you more than he does to any of us, why wouldn't you listen to us, we don't want to see him hurt."

"and the way you look at him when he's injured and beat up, doesn't your heart feel like it's shattering apart? don't lie because I saw you, I saw you that day in the tunnels when you found him bruised up." sunghoon shakes my hand, waiting for my to respond, and he's desperate.

my eyes teary, "I fought with heeseung, he yelled at me, and I yelled at him, and I don't have the courage to go back to him and speak to him why can't you understand hoon. And you're right my heart does feel bad, and I wish it didn't."

"do you know why?"

"what?"

"do you know why you're heart hurts, why you go out there to stop him from fights even though you don't have to?"

"I don't get it, what are you trying to say sunghoon." to be honest, at the moment, I was confused.

"gosh. you're in love with him joy, you love heeseung but your thoughts were all up at the game. you didn't realize that you fell for him." he let it out, along with a facepalm.

he was right, the dates, the hugs, him staying over and I didn't get mad, me stopping him during fights, treating his bruises, going to school with him in the morning. I fell for him, and I lost the game.

"i need to go." I rushed to get up, and once I did. I sprinted out of the cafeteria and straight to the tunnels.

at the moment the sun was setting, sunghoon and I were in the cafeteria for food since we were working on a project in the library.

I ran out of breath but I made it to the tunnels, I had both my hands placed on my knee, to catch my breath.

and as my eyes trailed up, he was there. leaning against a wall, his hair in front of his eyes, his leather jacket, his usual dark attire, except he was tired but he noticed my presence and looked straight for me.

and I ran to him, when I stopped in front of him and looked up. he looked down at me, with a straight face. "heeseun-" but before I could even finish saying his name.

his hands grasped onto my jaw, slamming his lips towards mine. my heart jumped at the sudden action, my one arm grasped onto his leather jacket and pulled him in, deeper.

he paused for a moment, but I pulled him back in. I was on my tippy toes, tugging on his leather jacket, and I could feel his lips curve up at the time.

while I couldn't keep the force of my toes up like that, I let go and pulled away. "heeseung, I lost the game. I lost it." my eyes down, not wanting to hold contact with his.

"you didn't lose the game."

what?

"what do you mean?" I faced him, in confusion.

"I lost the game before it even started."

——