Ruined

The next time you saw Sullyoon was when she walked in the debate room with the biggest frown on her face. Her body slumped as she laid her head on the table.

Since she wasn't a part of any clubs, and it was too late to join any now, she swings around every club every once in a while to help out. Yours specifically, was one she visited the most, though she never joined any speech activity, she helped you with some random tasks. More often than not she would share her feelings with you, and right now, it was one of those times.

"What's wrong?" You asked, it would be odd if you didn't, since she was clearly distressed about something.

"Jungwon." She replied shortly.

"What did he do?" Your eyes were still glued on your report.

"He ditched me again." Her voice nearly cracked up, and you looked up hastily. Was she about to cry? "It's the third time now. I've been trying to get a hold of him for days, but he kept on canceling plans. I'm scared that he's avoiding me." Her nose was red, and so were her eyes.

"Oh." Was all you could say, because what the hell does one human say in this situation.

"I'm sure he's just busy, basketball season is ending soon, and there's finals to worry about too." You tried your bestest effort to comfort her, but before you could say anything else, her face was buried in her hands, and she was sniffling.

You didn't have time to process it. "It's so hard, Y/n. I just love him so much, I don't even know what to do with myself." Your heart cracked at the sight of her crying, you hated seeing people cry, it almost made you want to cry too.

Your legs instinctively brought you to her, and now you were tapping her back like a friend who's consoling her. "I tried to reconcile with him about our pasts, but he kept on saying that we needed to focus on the future. And you know, I'm fine with that, so I suggested we hang out more, and create new memories, but he kept on making up stupid excuses, and leaving me on 'delivered'"

She looked up to you, water was coming out of both her eyes, and nose. You swiftly snatched the tissue box and offered it to her, she pulled one out, blowing into it. "Is he not interested in me anymore? Am I not pretty enough?? I've waited for 7 years, for fucks sake."

"Sullyoon..."

"Y/n, how do you do it??" Her bloodshot eyes scrambled to look at you.

"Huh?"

"Why doesn't he look at me with such adoration? Did I do something wrong??"

"You didn't do anything wrong." You told her sincerely, because as far as you knew, she probably didn't deserve any of this.

"Is he not in love with me anymore? I've done everything I could to be with him again, so why am I at the receiving end of this tourment??"

You don't know.

She managed to calm down, but now you were stressed. Why does everyday seem like a constant surprise to you, and you could never seem to catch a break about it.

Your afternoon classes went by within a blink of an eye, and just as you thought you could finally go home. Jay came up to you, and now you were standing in front of him, patiently waiting to hear what he had to say.

"Y/n, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now, and it might not seem to be the most appropriate timing, but I just really want to get it off my chest." He spoke calmly, not much evidence of nervousness.

Immediately, you already knew what was going to happen, but you didn't feel like going against it.

"I started developing these feelings for you, and while there's a chance that you don't feel the same, I wanted to come clear with you. I know that this feels very sudden, but I'm really bad at expressing myself, so I hope you can understand." He told you sincerely, and you stood there silently, taking in the information slowly. You were basically a disc, running on insufficient electricity, so it was lagging and singing in pixels.