𝘵𝘦𝘯

𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘺

I stared at the ceiling feeling my heart beat in and out of my chest. Today is Saturday, supposedly Brandon was going to invite me to go to the fair. I really haven't seen much of him in the past two days, but he does leave the fruits ready in the fridge.

     I mean it's not like I care that I haven't seen him. It's just weird that around twelve he's not outside in the patio. I didn't even know if he was actually going to ask me, what if he lied and it's nothing.

The worst thing is that I'm actually thinking about if it's a date or not. It shouldn't be. It's not. It can't.

I probably laid there for a good ten minutes before my mind actually went insane and needed a water break. Running my hand through my messy bed hair I strolled down the stairs needing some ice cold water to refresh my thoughts.

Right as I stepped into the kitchen I saw a familiar tall back. Brandon. He's not going to ask now and it's not a date forget about it Tiff. My stomach began to bubble and my hands began to drip in sweat. Why? I have no idea, but it was happening.

"Hey" I mumbled awkwardly as I walked towards the fridge to grab my fruits.

"Hey," he turned his head, making his blue eyes look straight into mine. A small smile crept on his lips, I felt my stomach squeal and spin in a billion circles.

"Hi" I gulped feeling his eyes still bore into mine. He let out a small chuckle and broke the eye contact, looking down at the counter.

"I was going to bring this up for you, it seemed strange that you weren't at the patio reading or something" he held out a bowl of fruits, specifically strawberries mixed with bananas and blue berries.

"Thank you" I grinned softly  grabbing the bowl from his hands carefully, he gave me a small nod and leaned back into the counter. Popping a blue berry in my mouth, I looked him. His hair was a back but had no products. It seemed so fluffy and soft. "So what you been up to? I haven't seen you in a while" I had to interrupt my stupid thoughts.

       "Working, checking in on the house" I nodded still not really knowing what to say. My thoughts kept thinking about the fair. "What's new with you? Catch me up" I bit down on the strawberry and shrugged. There wasn't really anything new about me.

"I'm the same person as I was yesterday and the day before that." A small laugh escaped his lips.

"You doing anything today?" I shook my head and shoving the sliced bananas into my mouth. "I was thinking...well I wanted to ask if you want to go to the fair with me later? Mason has a date and I don't want to third wheel the whole time. Plus you're pretty nice to have around and I know you like fairs. I'll even get you cotton candy if you want?" He was really selling me on it. My cheeks were probably burnt red.

"Yeah sure, I'll go" we are going as friends, we are going as friends that's it. As friends.

"Good, um is four okay?" I nodded feeling my vocals cords stop working. He kept staring at me talking, his blue eyes were piercing mine, it was so hard to just continue talking. "Maybe we can even-" he paused thinking to himself, he blinked a few time and shook his head slightly. "I'll see you then, I have finish up some work outside."

"What we're you going to say?" My eyebrows furrowed. I wanted to know why he hesitated, why he completely stopped talking and changed the conversation.

"Nothing, I'll see you then sweet cheeks" he cracked a smile walking away from the kitchen. Righty then and there I felt my heart burst and my heat run through out my whole body. Sweet cheeks.