19. Break

STORYTELLER
Isaac needed a break.
His hands were still wounded, but he still got on his motorcycle and started fast.
It rained heavily but instead of slowing down or stopping, he only drove more fast.
He wanted to get rid of the thoughts.

"She should find someone who would help her, not an ass like me," he thought.

I know that she was worried about me and was sad, but what else should've I did?

He drove faster and faster and didn't even notice the rain that clapped his face.
He was dizzy from his still somewhat bleeding forehead, after he woke up again, he had left right away.

He drove into a forest, it got darker and darker the deeper he drove.
It was already late and he was supposed to go home.
But he wanted to leave.
Somewhere.

He slid and his hands trembled a little but he accelerated even more and raced around the next curve, he slingered again but this time stronger so that he and his motorcycle came off the road and raced down the slope, Isaac panicked to brake but nothing worked anymore, he looked up, saw a tree and then black again.

-
Sweaty, Grace woke up in her bed, she had heard something.
A scream?
Her heart hurt and she brushed through her hair.
What had happened?

She took her phone and looked to see if she had received any messages, but nothing.
She and her friends hadn't managed to go to a café today because they had long school.
But she didn't know exactly what and if she wanted to tell it at all.

GRACE
I tapped along the hallway exactly to Ace room that was at the opposite to my.

I carefully opened the door.
As I was younger, I used to climb into Ace bed after nightmares and I felt like I would need it again.
I carefully cuddled up to him under the blanket.
"Sysy? Is everything okay with you?"
He whispered and turned to me.
"Yes, only me...I" I bit my lips "I don't know Ace."
"It's okay," he murmured and stroked my head "Everything is fine."

After a short time of silence, my questions showered me "Where is Isaac? And what about Becca? Are they still together? What about you and her? Did Isaac say something? Do you know how he's doing?"
Actually, I didn't want to stop, but when Ace hugged my head and whispered "sssh" I calmed down a bit.

"Don't you think we should sleep sister?"
Should we? No, I was way too awake now and needed answers.
"No"
"Okay Ehm, I don't know where he is and how he's doing either, but I'm sure everything's fine and he still likes you okay? And now good night, we need both of sleep"

"Hey no, what about the other questions?"
He opened his eyes again "It's best to ask them yourself and sleep now or I'll kick you out of my bed."

I fell silent and tried to fall asleep, which was really not easy.

"But you have something with Becca" I tried again quietly. "I don't know Rosy, I don't know either."
With a booming head full of questions, I fell asleep.

-
A shaking woke me up and I felt my heart race, Ace had gently woke me up. He stood next to me with a cup of coffee and tilted his head "Get up cucumber".
Tired, I threw a pillow after him "stop calling me cucumber."
He threw it back "carrot?" I giggled.
When we were little children, I always confused cucumber and carrots and then made cucumber into the bolognese.

Isaac was still not at school and the feeling that something had happened to him was getting bigger and bigger.

Chase, Scarlett, Lissy and I walked laughing into Scarlett's mom's cafe.

It was a bit hidden and everything was comfortably equipped with wood, plants and fairy lights.

"Tell me!" Lissy said excitedly while eating her cake.
I told about our kiss, but how he had behaved afterwards, when he came through the window and we had slept side by side when we had skipped.

I took a break, the part with the mens, what should I tell?

Chase rushed me "continue."
I invented something that I was drunk and he had taken care of me, but quickly I continued to tell you how we had cuddled when he had showered me, when he had slept besides me and when he was suddenly gone.

Chase and Lissy beamed and had been excited all the time.
"Sweet," Scarlett said ironically "and way too straight" we laughed.
"But why did he sleep in your bed so often?"
She looked at me penetratingly.
I just smiled carefully.
"Because she has feelings for him?" Chase laughed.
"What really?" Lissy hugged me energetically.
"I don't know" I murmured while looking at my food in which I poked.

TW*
I couldn't eat it and especially not around my friends and the other people here.*

Shit
What should I do now?!

"What about you?" I distracted from the topic.
Lissy started excited about her hockey games and telling about this one boy there.
But I didn't listen properly anymore, but tried to find some way out of eating the food.

I looked up and saw Scarlett's gaze resting on me and my food.
When she noticed it, she raised an eyebrow.
"We have to go to the bathroom," Scarlett murmured, but the other two only nodded absent.

She took my hand and pulled me with her,
she quickly closed the toilet door.
"What's going on? What really happened?"
I chewed nervously on my lower lip.
"You left something out, tell me the truth" she looked at me penetratingly.
I just couldn't lie to Scarlett.

I got goosebumps and trembling and with watery eyes I slid to the ground and hastily lit a cigarette.

-