16. I can't

STORYTELLER
Grace frightened up and looked directly into Isaac's green eyes. He smiled.
She smelled waffles and dared to take a look at the plate he put on her bedside table

He looked at her demandingly.
Grace took a waffle, looked at it a little and then bit off with pleasure.

Slowly she chewed and swallowed hard.

It tasted heavenly.
She quickly ate the whole waffle.
"Thank you!" He whispered and Grace smiled tormented.

He took her hand and kissed her.

She wrapped her arms around him and he pulled her very close to him.

The two sat firmly devoured in Grace's bed for an eternity, the waffles must have gotten cold a long time ago but Grace had forgotten everything for a moment.

"I promise you everything will be fine" he said, kissing her on the forehead.

A smile played around her lips.

He took her head in his hands
"Do you want to tell me now, my pretty girl?" She faltered and began chewing on her lip.

"I can't..." her tired eyes evaded his penetrating look.
"Isaac it's just everything so new and everything feels weird...I just feel uncomfortable and-" she burst into tears and buried her head on his shoulder.

Fuck, now I had made her cry

He gently stroked her head.
"I want to help you, you need help"
"No!" She said loudly and in a trembling voice.

"But you can't always be silence to me" he said worried and became louder and louder.
A sobbing of her made him soften again.
"I'm sorry Gracy, I'm just so sorry for everything and I don't know what to do"
His voice trembled.

"I..I know but everything is fine" she said and tried to smile.
She detached herself from him and buried her head in her pillows.
"No, nothing is good, you have to tell me"
"Yes...soon" she said and was disappointed in herself.
"If I can do you good, just call me," he said, pressing her hand.
He got up and left her room.

Before he closed the door, he looked at her for a long time, but when he realized that his eyes were getting watery, he quickly closed the door and lit his cigarette while walking away.

"Ace?" He said out loud when he passed him.
"Take care of her, okay?" He patted him on the shoulder.
"Yes, uhm, okay?" Ace said in amazement.
"And call me immediately if anything should happen to her and make sure she eats enough, okay?!" He looked at him penetratingly.
"But where do you want to go?"
Before he finished the sentence, Isaac had already rushed out of the front door and jumped on his motorcycle.

He needed peace and time for himself and there was only one place...

-
Many thanks to: crystalf4irycake  for helping me a little with my writer's block and this chapter, now I'm back in it:)

I love y'all <3

-