13. not well

ISAAC
Nervously, I constantly went back and forth at her bed, she had been sleeping forever but I couldn't close my eyes.

What had these bastards done to her?
Was she okay?
Was she injured?
How is she?

Ace entered her room with two cups of coffee and handed me one of them "she will be okay Isaac don't worry about it"
I turned to him, I had never really liked Ace but he had never been so nice.
My gaze wandered back to Grace, she blinked, I rushed to her bed and put my hand on her cheek.

"Gracy?"
Finally, she completely opened her eyes and I was captivated by her blue eyes, which looked at me tired, red and only half-open.
She said "Isaac" in a croaking voice.
"Ace" her gaze slipped to him, he smiled and looked relieved.
I was still agitated and nervous.

What happened?

"Thank you" her lips twitched for a moment.
Ace told me before "Do you want something to eat or drink or do you want something??"
Slowly she shook her head.
Now I also spoke "Grace...what-how are you?"
She looked deep into my eyes and began to smile "Good" her eyes became wet and her lips flickered.

She was definitely not doing well.

These cunts, how could they, whatever they had done, my girl so disturbed?!
Ace left the room to go to some sleep, he said he needed some sleep after this exhausting night.
I looked at the clock that indicated 4:47am and I stroked my face.

"Grace, would you like to tell me what happened and how you are really doing? Or can I do you something good?"
She shook her head "no thanks," she said quietly and turned her eyes away.

She had to tell me how else should I think clearly?!!

"But.." I fell silent when I saw that her, beautiful, beautiful freckles, cheek flowed down a tear.
I whispered "Grace."

I took her hand and pulled her to me to gave her a big hug.
I never wanted to let her go again.
I heard her sobbing on my shoulder and I stroked her light hair.
"Everything will be fine" I whispered a little nervously because these guys just didn't want to get out of my head.

And then I remembered "why was I in a relationship with Becca?"
She wasn't nearly as great, as she was!
Of course she was pretty and good in bed, but what else could she do?
She couldn't have deep conversations, no hugs, no questions about how I was, no real laughter, no 5 minutes with me without her getting touchy.

Gracy. My Gracy. I loved her.

And how!!

We were still intertwined, slowly I let her go but still held her hands.
She threw her blanket backwards and I saw that she was still wearing her white miniskirt, her boots and her torn sweater.
I took off her boots.
She allowed it, so I also took off her sweater and then the rest. Until she lay in front of me in underwear. She was really damn hot and pretty.
She quickly covered her body with her hands.
"You don't have to cover up such a beautiful body."

She stroked a strand of hair from her face but then quickly pulled the blanket over her body.
I ran to her closet and pulled out an oversized shirt and jogging shorts.
I put the shirt on her.
I knew she could also dress alone, but I think she was just too weak and just needed that.
After I had put her on and she had not said anything, I took the book that was on her bedside table and began to read to her at the place of the bookmark.

She smiled matt and took my hand and held it very tight.
I had hit the right one.

-