Chapter 23

Hi everyone, I am very sorry for not updating for a whole month but I have been really busy recently and the last three days I have been sick. This chapter is going to be short because I still have homework but I hope you guys like it.

Clayton's POV

I can't believe what I just saw. This girl half the size of her opponent knocked him out cold. When she started leaving I quickly ran to catch up with her. She entered a car and started doing something but I couldn't tell what because of how far away I was. As I approached the vehicle the girls head snapped up.

No longer was it a girl with black hair and green eyes but it was Jessica with her brown hair and blue eyes. (P.S. I'm not sure if I have already described what she looks like but if I haven't here is what I'm picturing)

"Jessica?" I asked completely baffled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with wide eyes.

"You're Black Lightning." I said stating the obvious. At that moment Jessica started her truck and peeled out of the alleyway leaving me there shocked.

I got in my car and drove to my mom's house and when I arrived there was Jessica putting her stuff in her truck. My mother had a sad look on her face as she walked Elliot and Leigh out to Jessica's truck.

"Jessica just let me talk to you." I said as I grabbed her arm to stop her.

"What do you want to talk about. I am trying to do what is right, because of me Maverick is dead. I don't want to see another person I care about die." Jessica said sadness laced in her voice.

"Stop blaming yourself, Maverick risked her life for you. It was her choice, you have other friends who miss their friend who gets up and leaves when they need her most." I told her.

"You're right." Jessica said sounding defeated.

"Please come back, everyone misses you." I told her truthfully.

"I don't know if I can." she said sadly.

"Please, for me." I said before my brain could tell me that was a stupid thing to say.

"Wha-what?" Jessica asked stammering.

"Will you come back?" I asked.

"Fine." she said taking a deep breath.

In my head I was hoping she forgot about me telling her to come back for me. I was even more shocked when I found out she was Black Lightning, she was a legend and could take out guys way taller and way stronger.

"Hey do you want to get dinner before you guys leave?" My mom asked.

"Sure." Jessica said and I nodded my head in agreement.

I got in my car and Jessica got in her truck and my mom drove off to the diner. Once we got there we sat down and ordered. Before I knew it we were eating our food then leaving.

"That was some of the best food I have had at a restaurant." Jessica said.

I nodded my head in agreement and I said goodbye to my mom before following Jessica back to all our friends.

Two hours later we stopped at a hotel to spend the night and I helped her out and grabbed Elliot out of his car seat.

"Two rooms please." Jessica said to the lady at the counter.

"Sorry sweetie we only have one room available." the lady said sweetly.

"We'll take what you have." I answered.

"Here's your room key." she said and soon we were walking to our room.

When we got into the room we put a sleeping Elliot and Leigh down on the bed. I laid down on the couch and Jessica laid down next to the twins. I was still wide awake when I heard Jessica finally fall asleep.

"Jessica, I think I may like you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AAAAAAAAAAH AM I GHE ONLY ONE WHO IS FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. The next chapter won't have any Jessica and Clayton but we will have some Eastella moments but I was looking through this book to find their ship name and I read the part where Maverick dies and I was so sad it's like I knew her personally even though she is fictional, but to me she is real. Now I just kinda feel crazy anywhooo this chapter is dedicated to @rileyfischer_7 I hope that's right. @LindaZak and vivernator

Vote and Comment

Laters Peeps🐣❤️