Chapter 21

Jessica's POV

I woke up in the morning to the smell of bacon. I walked out of my room and down to the kitchen and saw Catherine cooking bacon.

"Here you go sweetie." she said passing me some bacon.

I ate it silently and started wondering how she could afford this place.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you afford this place?"I asked her.

"Oh, I don't pay for it my other son does, sadly he lives far away from here."she said with a sad look on her face.

"That is very nice of him." I told her. "So what's the name of the son I saved last night?"

"Carter, such a sweet boy but tries following in his brothers footsteps." she said.

I just nodded my head and smiled.

"Since you asked me a personal question it's my turn. Where are your parents?" she asked.

"They are both dead." I said in a monotone voice.

Catherine stood up and hugged me and before I knew it I was crying in her arms. I remember when my mom would hug me and let me cry when I had a bad day or if I hurt myself.

"My mom, her name was Genevieve, she didn't deserve to be murdered." I said in a soft voice.

Catherine was the first person I had ever spoken to about my mother. Catherine nodded her head and kept holding me in her arms.

"My father killed her." I said in a barely inaudible tone.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I don't know what you're feeling but I want you to know you can stay here with me as long as you want." Catherine said and for the first time in a long time I felt my exterior walls crumbling and the true me was showing. The girl who didn't worry about her or her siblings lives every second of every day.

"Thank you so much for this." I said before pulling out of her embrace.

"No problem. Now that all the sad stuff is behind us lets go shopping!" she said happily.

"Sure, let's go get the twins and then leave." I said and right on cue Leigh started crying.

Catherine followed me and got Elliot ready while I took care of Leigh. We got in her car and took off to the town mall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Clayton's POV (this is for you Bethany)

It has been two days since Jessica and her siblings just disappeared. Tris said it was normal after bad things happen that she takes some time for herself. I wish she would let us know where she is. I can tell it is affecting everyone. They aren't as crazy as they were before. I would never admit it out loud but I kind of missed her too.

I was spacing out when my phone rang. I looked at it and saw Mom flashing on the screen. I picked it up quickly.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Hey sweetheart." she said.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm good, what about you?" she said.

"All good here." I said.

"Listen, I need you to come home your brother is getting in trouble and he was stabbed last night." she said.

"I'm on my way home now." I said and grabbed all my things and writing a note before walking out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys, I know it's short but I wanted it to end where it did so yeah. If you didn't see the last post on this book I got 10K views on February 18 and today this book has 10.9K views. I just wanted to say I love you all and hope you like this chapter.

Also if you want to make a cover send message me and I'll give you my email to send it to.

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Laters Peeps🐣❤️