Chapter 15

As we pull up to the audition building I ask, "Why am I auditioning for this again?"

Dallas sighs, "You need work. You're union which means you can't be picky anymore."

"But sci-fi really? I read the script and it's like soap opera Star Trek. I've never seen it nor do I want to!"

"Wow."

"Just being honest."

"Anyways, it will be a learning experience plus it's by a new, hot director! You watched it last night right?" Shit I was supposed to do that... I nod. "Good. Now they already casted for Carolyn it's Shenae Grimes. She was in Degrassi and 90210. She is nice and beautiful. Now you already technically auditioned because of your demo reel that I sent in to Lifetime. So now you're going in and doing the scene with Callie. It's in front of Howard Gordon and David Slade. Howard was the producer for Homeland, he actually won an Emmy for directing to. David isn't as established but he did do Hannibal."

The clock strikes 8:50 which means it's time to go in. "Are you ready? Remember, the moment you walk in the building it stars, even if you have to walk up stairs."

I nod after that I get out of the car, feeling nervous. I didn't even think I cared this much. It's so I can get back on the bandwagon again. Oddly enough there is a singing part for the character I'm auditioning for which is great. I take a deep breath before walking into the building. There are a few people in the waiting room as I get into the office. I give the receptionist my resume and head shot. I fill out the bio sheet. It's basically contact information, height, weight, measurements. It's so stupid, because all of it is on my resume!

After I finish filling it out so I remember what Dallas told me. I have to gently socialize with people. There are two people here other than the receptionist. One is an older woman and the other is... Taylor Swift? What the hell? I can't believe I didn't recognize her. Demi never really talked about her but from what I see is that she's fake as all hell! Her energy seems so not authentic. I try to go over to her to talk but a big man who I assume is her bodyguard comes out of a room which I assume is the bathroom. He sits next to Taylor and staring at me angrily. I decide to stay seated knowing she probably doesn't want to be bothered.

Soon enough my name is called and it's my time. I go in and there are five people, three men and two women sitting at the 'casting table'. One of the men has a large neck and wearing a fedora. Another was much more formal with greased back hair with a suit. The other man looked like a mix of both with just a black button down, and blue dress pants. Holy shit I recognize the two ladies staring at me. Nina Dobrev and Shenae Grimes, I grew up watching these people!

The guy with the black button down greets me with an obvious flamboyant and friendly warm voice, "Hello my name is Robert. What's yours?"

I smile confidently, "Gwen Willis. Nice to meet you, how are you doing?"

"Great! How are you, are you tired?"

Remember what Dallas had also warned me that if they ask, to answer honestly. "A little, I'm super excited though to be here."

He laughs a little, "Well, I would hope so. Now you are doing a scene from the pilot today for Mara right?" What the fuck, I thought this was a movie. "Do you want to do use the script?"

Knowing it's probably different from the script I have, I nod. I see the guy in the suit write something down, shit; strike one. Robert hands me the script. It's completely different, great! Instead of saying anything I ignore it and get going. The scene is of my character Mara, and the main character who is Mara's girlfriend Carolyn hanging out. It ended with them asking me to tell them a story. I don't know why but I tell them a story of my younger cousin Ana, and how she is basically a mini me. They laughed a lot and it kind of seemed genuine. I even got the stuffy suit guy chuckling. When I leave I wish them a good luck and tell the receptionist to have a good day.