Chapter 11

By Winter Break we were rocking it. Everyone on campus knew of the band and while some were headed home for the holidays, Seth, Peter, Freddy and I were starting our own mini tour. I had a hookup or two in LA so that's where it's all happening.

"This is so cool!" Seth exclaims while we are still in preparation mode. "I mean, playing malls in the morning and clubs until late at night isn't super exciting or glamorous but... It's a start!"

"I don't know what's better," I tell him, "The fact that we're playing shows for actual fans or the fact that everyone in the band is so amazing! I've worked with people who were less than friendly before and I'm so glad to finally be with people who have my back."

"Are any of you going home for Spring break?" Peter asks.

"I am home," Freddy reminds him.

"I don't know if I can afford a trip to Texas," Seth shrugs.

I rub his back in a comforting way and answer, "I think I'm going to go visit a friend while we're in LA. But as far as getting to go home, that's definitely not an option. It's too far away for me and too expensive."

"Must be hard being so far from home," Freddy tells all of us. "I mean, I personally like to go visit my mom as often as possible. We're pretty close. I can't imagine not being with your family for the holidays."

"You get used to it," Seth shrugs, turning over to me to make sure I'm okay.

I smile at him and nod. "It does," I say.

As I make my way back to my room to finish my packing I start to fantasize about how amazing it will be to go visit Dallas. It's been a while and I miss her. Besides, she always has a way of ensuring that I enjoy myself, so that's not something I want to let pass by.

I see Clarissa who is packing for the cold weather of Rhode Island. We exchange a few words as I begin packing as well. I grab a couple of long sleeve shirts and attempt to have a conversation with her. We had a huge blow out after she got through the judges round of auditions. It got even worse to because she hooked up with Freddy. They are together now, which makes it hella awkward between Casey and I.

Knowing I'm leaving all of that drama behind, I smile and suddenly start to laugh. "This is going to be fun," I say to myself. Everything is finally working out.

The next week was pretty fun. We flew out on a Monday. That day we got ourselves in a hotel room and got our van. The next day we played a mall and Wednesday we met a talent guy. He said he liked what we were doing and told us to come back to him when we grew our fan base. I don't know how we are supposed to do that but we can make it work. The man suggested making a YouTube channel, but I don't know. I don't want us to be a part of the YouTube community. I mean, I don't have anything against it, I feel as if those people are going on the Disney path most of the time, and I'm not into it. I guess that's just my opinion though because the guys agree with it. Another day we got into a trashy recording studio for dirt cheap. We recorded some of our music and we recorded a few vlogs. We started with this band tag that had 50 questions. We took out two and divide it by two so it wouldn't take too long.

The first came to Freddy, so I ask, "What was your first album?"

He responds, "REO Speed Wagon's Wheel Are Turning. Peter, what was your first concert?"

"Radiohead! Seth, what do you think about TV and Movie Soundtracks?

"I guess they're pretty cool. The one for Star Wars is one of the best albums of all time if we are being real. With that I turn to Gwen, have you ever joined a fan club?"

Staring at the guys, I know it's time to tell them about my past. Although I don't want my now career to do anything with the past, I think I can trust them. With that I get up and turn off the camera. I say, "Guys I need to tell you something."