Chapter 2

College so far has been an experience like no other. It's nice being around all these different people all the time. Clarissa and I will never see eye to eye and we will always find each other annoying as hell so I try to avoid her as much as possible. She tried out for the musical and of course she got it. It's Little Shop of Horrors which is stupid as hell too. It's about this orphan who works at a flower shop in the ghetto that suddenly gets famous when he creates a new Venus fly trap species that can secretly talk and eats people.

Anyways, weird I know. It's nice because she's out of the dorm a lot. It's the beginning of the semester so nothing is overwhelming at all. I'm doing a lot of my homework instead of partying like everyone else. I'm actually doing some right now until Jessie called.

"Hey Jessy."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing, just got back to my dorm after preparing for rush. It starts tomorrow for us, same for you too I think."

"Cool, I don't know when it starts for us."

"Jess, I thought you were gonna rush."

"Nah."

"You need to be involved. You won't do theater and you suck at sports."

"Ouch, that hurt."

"You know what I mean, what have you done so far other than go to class, eat, and hangout in your dorm's lounge?"

Thinking about it, nothing. I lie saying, "Plenty. I actually did join a club."

Not sounding convinced, "Oh yeah, what club?"

I think quickly, "The language club, I really want to learn as many as possible."

"Oh yeah, Jessy I've known you before you could formulate actual sentences. I know when you're lying."

I roll my eyes, "Fine. That's actually a good idea though."

Jessie laughs, "So how's your double life going?"

"I mean, it's not absolutely horrible. I am asked though if I am related to Bruce Willis a lot though."

"Oh yeah, you named yourself Gwen Willis. Interesting choice for sure."

"Well, I had to think fast, people that live on my floor are all asking me questions about my life and I just had to answer."

"What do they know?"

"Well they think that Ezra is the guy I grew up with, and that only my mom died. I feel guilty that I'm not keeping my dad's memory alive."

"He would understand."

"I don't know. You know, it's kinda hard to make friends, especially keeping a secret like this and never mind the fact that I don't party. It's weird, Beacon is a top tier school yet people are such partiers!"

The second as I said I wasn't making friends easily, I knew I would regret it. "So I just looked it up and rush starts for you tomorrow as well. It's a meeting in the morning over breakfast at eight am for you to get all the information that I already told you: the schedule and rules. Yes you still have to go, you could've gone tonight since I know you're not an early bird but the other one was early. After that you have to do a walking tour of all of the houses on campus. Short little thing you'll only be at each house for 20 minutes, mostly them trying to get to know you. Wear something casual but still make yourself look presentable. It will be like the first day of school. The day after that wear something you would for a date, then the next day wear something for a job interview, and the day after that is a semi-formal day."