Chapter 5

A/N: Hey guys! This is the last chapter that @arias3. A big shout out goes out to her for picking up this book when we were not able to. Thank you for all that you have done, and also thank you to the readers who make writing that much more enjoyable <3

So finally I tell him, "I really have to pee!"

This happens just as everyone has begun moving around and mixing it up. Peter and I had kept to ourselves because we were really hitting it off, but I can tell he wants to go to Freddy now, so I excuse myself for a moment and make my way to the restroom.

There, it's only a matter of seconds after I finish my business that I am joined by Casey. "How is everything going?" she asks me with much more curiosity than I would have expected. For a second, I question her motives for asking and don't respond, washing my hands over and over again, almost compulsively.

"It's great," I tell her. "Peter is really fun."

"Yeah," she nods. "Too fun."

I give her a look and ask, "What do you mean?"

"He can't seem to take anything seriously," Casey shrugs, leaning over the sink and fixing a tiny smear of eyeliner at the corner of her eyelid. "I mean, he's great and he's obviously attractive, but I don't see him ever settling down or stepping up his game for anyone. Let alone a girl."

I look away from her. I just can't tell if she's giving friendly advice or passively attacking me for some reason. I haven't done much to offend her, so I can't see why she would feel the need to be mean, but then again, she was never that nice to begin with, if I'm totally being honest...

"I'm just being honest," she continues, noticing my discomfort. "He's a great guy if you want someone to keep up with, well, the life you're probably used to. But if you want to be the kind of classy girl that Beta Chi breeds... You may want to go searching for a man of higher status and class."

"Like Freddy," I say, though it's really more of a question.

She doesn't answer. I can't explain the nature of their relationship but something seemed off. I know that they are just friends right now, but she definitely wants more and he... I don't know. But I assume whatever is happening with them has something to do with her negativity towards Peter and me, so I don't believe what she tells me.

Of course, I immediately change my mind when we walk back outside. As if to show me some sort of lesson, the universe puts us in an ironic situation in which Freddy patiently waits for Casey's return, while Peter is already off partying and demanding the room's attention.

I walk over to the crowd, where I can hear people chanting his name, but I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe he turns out to be a great dancer and is in there busting a move. Or maybe he's showing them a cool trick.

Unbeknownst to what I would find, I step into the circle and find that the other pledge girls are egging Peter on in some sort of drinking game that somehow originated between him and some of the older guys. I frown and cross my arms, disappointing in the fact that he's doing this despite knowing I don't drink. He doesn't know my story or anything, but he knows I certainly get uncomfortable. I look back at Casey. She doesn't smile. She doesn't look angry either. She just looks back at me, knowing that she was right about him.

I try to walk away, but Peter spots me and follows me towards the door, saying, "Where are you going? Don't you have to wait until your big sister dismisses you?"