Chapter 9: Papa Lay

Guide in reading:

"Sample Text" (Bold) - Conversation in English or in Filipino

"Sample Text" (Bold + Italic) - Conversation in Korean

▪▪▪

~Sehun's POV~

I am aware of everything.

I am aware that D.O hyung likes Tin noona.

I am aware that Gene noona likes D.O hyung.

I am aware that Suho hyung likes Gene noona.

And so I am aware that everything is just complicated. So if you ask me if I like Gene noona? The answer is no.

With all the complications going on, I don't want to involve myself anymore. Yes, she's the girl who caught my eye during the SM Town but it just ends there. We EXO have a "bro code". It means that we should never like the same girl and if we do, the youngest must give way.

Hence, as the maknae I am giving way for my Suho hyung. But if you are wondering why do I keep on badgering Gene noona and acting head over heels over her? It is simple, I want Suho hyung to be jealous.

Don't get me wrong. I am still obeying the "bro code". It's just that I don't like how Suho hyung is not making any move to make Gene noona notice her. Unlike Chanyeol and D.O hyung who seemed to be getting close with the girls that they like.

I am actually getting frustrated with him. I had been doing all ways just to trigger that feelings he had been keeping for Gene noona but it looks like it is not working. I even made an endearment for Gene noona to make him more jealous but it has still no effect with Suho hyung.

Suho just really suits him. He is good in guarding his feelings. If he continues being like that, he can never make Gene noona or I should say Sweetcorn to fall for him.

It has been two days since that night when Gene noona cried. I have never seen a girl cry so hard in my entire life the way she had. And that night I knew, she needs a friend. I already sense during that day that something is wrong with her. I am not used to her not fighting back whenever I tease her. It is so unusual for Gene noona to be silent.

While we were watching the movie, I was simply observing her and I notice that she kept on glancing at D.O hyung and Tin noona. I notice that she usually does that especially the first time we had dinner with them at the restaurant. I heard from Chanyeol hyung that Gene noona's bias was D.O hyung and so from there I concluded that she likes him.

I saw tears forming from her eyes and so when she excused herself, I knew that she has a problem. She is hurt to see the guy he likes, likes someone else.

"Sehun-ah your phone is ringing!" Kai called.

We are just done practicing and so here am I lying on the floor, resting as I catch my breath. I immediately stood and went to the couch were my phone is. I instantly smiled when I saw the caller ID.

Sweetcorn ^_^ calling...

"Hello?"

"Hello bunso!" She happily greeted. I frowned. I don't like her calling me bunso. I already told her to call me Popcorn.

"Ay sorry Popcorn pala! Hello Popcorn~" That is what I like to hear.

"Hi Sweetcorn~"

"Ano ba 'yan. I'm still not used to you calling me like that. It's so corny! Ano ginagawa niyo?"

Oh wait! Ano ginagawa niyo? I already knew what this means. She already taught me this. Yes, Gene noona is already teaching me how to speak and write Filipino. We just started yesterday. She already agreed with our deal. She thought of it as a way of thanking me for what I had done to her during that night.