Chapter 4

Erica's POV:

While I had spent many days scouting out the soldiers' camp on a mission once, I have never actually been inside of it. And I didn't want to spend my time in it as a prisoner, but here I am. The women who offered me the preposition took me into a tent, but I could tell there were many soldiers surrounding it. "So, miss what's your name, you are going to need to learn how to become a whole new person."

I knew I couldn't give her my real name, so I chose one of my favorite aliases. "I'm Sasha Rotko. But I'm guessing that doesn't matter now."

"Yes, from today on you are going to be Erica Hale."

I have to shut my mouth before it gapes. "Oh" is my only response.

"We don't know much about Erica, except for a few parts."

"Why does this matter?"

"You should be taking notes. Since so far, most of the people have failed and King Joshua has had them killed for it. This could be the line between life and death, so pay attention."

"First, why do you want this? There must be something in it for you."

"Well, I get a lot of money, but that's aside from the point. Let's start talking about Erica. First, she looks somewhat like you, which is a reason we chose you. She is cold and mean. She hates Joshua since they have been fighting each other for years. Apparently, she is leading a rebellion, so you should use that information for your benefit."

I almost laugh at their description of me. Oh, there is so much more between Joshua and me. And once I break free from him, my only mission will be bringing him down.

"Okay, I think I got it."

"Finally, you have to be defiant. And confident and slightly cocky, especially towards Joshua. Don't bow and look him directly in the eye."

"Easy. I already would do that."

"Great, so then this is settled. You are going to come with us. Make sure you remember everything I said, this could be the difference between your life and death."

I follow the women and a few guards to Joshua's castle. I was here a little over a week ago but doing something insanely different. I can still see the ruins from my explosion. We walk inside to a long hallway. On the other side, sitting on his throne, is Joshua. Ahem, I mean King Joshua.

The soldiers and women bow with me, but I luckily don't have to. The woman beside me clears her throat. "Your Majesty, we have someone you might want to see."

Joshua turns around and the minute he sees me, I know I'm fucked.