Chapter 1

Unknown POV:

I watch as the commanders leave their meeting. I run over to Zoe to figure out what they had talked about.

"Hey Zoe! How are we going to fight back today! Who are we going for now?"

"You know we have been spending our time on Joshua. He is the most powerful and we have our spy inside."

Yes, the mysterious spy that I can never find any information on.

"Ooh! Can I be a part of the mission?"

"Sorry, but only a few of the main leaders, including myself are going to be going to this one. There is a higher chance of being caught so we need people we can trust to be sneaky."

"Oh, but what exactly are you going to do?"

"It's just Alexander, Chip, Lewis, and I. We are going to destroy the new set of supplies for his guards. If Joshua loses his powerful protection, we have a better chance to kill him."

"Ooh, smart! How long will the mission take."

"We leave today and get back on Monday. You will take my seat in the council meetings if I'm not back by the next ones."

I smile, knowing my job has just gotten a whole lot easier as I walk away.

Poor Zoe, she was truly nice. Also, easy to use. I'm going to get in contact with Joshua and we can plan a way to destroy their mission.

Zoe's POV:

I stare at the ship that we are about to explode. So far, this mission has been easier than I expected. We have only run into a few soldiers, who we were able to subdue. Now I'm just waiting for everyone to get into position. Then we will get to have fun with the explosives.

"Zoe I'm ready" comes buzzing from my earpiece.

I'm about to press the trigger for the explosives when it's shot out of my hand. I immediately pull out my gun, but by then it was too late.

"Guys run!" I yell into my earpiece. "They knew we were coming. I'm done for."

I sadly look at the pouch on my wrist. Oh, how much has changed in five years. But my life doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. I bite down on the pouch, but instead of the bitter taste of cyanide, I taste the sweetness of liquid chloroform.

I put two and two together and say one last thing over the microphone. "Guys, we have a spy! It's."

But then everything goes black.