Chapter 7

Sorry I have not been updating. Hopefully, now that I have a schedule with school my updates will become regular too. Thanks for everyone reading. This will be the last book in this series. 

-BWE

Ben's POV:

By now, many people have gone to the door, seeing that I have made big enough of a scene. Mike takes me inside a room, where I see Alexander, Cyrus, and Catherine. I wipe off the tears and try to make myself presentable for them. Cyrus is the first one to speak, "Ben, I can realize something bad has happened, but we need you to tell us every detail. Also, Mike, can you go add Ben to our system and get him a room."

I watch Mike leave the room and clear my throat. "Ok, I'll start at the beginning." I explain everything that happened, starting with me seeing Erica, to when she was dragged away by the soldiers. I finally look at them once I finish, but I don't find sorrow. No, they all look hopeful.

"What? Why aren't you all so disappointed in me? I failed and lost you one of your best leaders."

Catherine smiles, "Ben, we also have a lot to fill you in on. Let me explain Operation Creeping Dog."

Flashback

No one's POV:

"The spy probably knows that we are on to him now. What Joshua would want us to do is to waste time hunting for them. So, we should strike right now." Erica says

"What do you suggest doing sweetheart?" Catherine responds to Erica.

From the look in Erica's eyes, everyone knows that they will not like her plan. "Guys, I don't like what I'm going to put out, but I think it's the best option we have."

Catherine asks, "Well what's the plan?"

"Well, I didn't tell you about one thing that happened on that day. It was right before the building crumbled. Christopher was about to die, and he had some last words to me. I didn't think they would have been important, but now I think they are the key to defeating everyone."

"What did he say?" Alexander asks.

"His first message was for Cyrus. 'I left because I could never be enough for you. And looking at it now, no one will be enough for you. To truly become the best spy you can be, you have to learn to trust others.'"

"Oh, who else did he say something about?" Alexander asks.

"Well Ben got, 'Stay strong. You might go into the hardest part of your life but keep trusting those you love. Your brain will know when something is wrong.'"

"Ooh! Do me next!" Alexander squeals.

"Oh, he said his ghost was going to kill you." Erica responds.

"Oh." Alexander says, sitting back down in his chair.

"What does this have to do with your plan Erica?" Cyrus asks.

"It's what he told me. He gave me the key to defeating Joshua."

"What is it?" Everyone else asks.

Erica responds "he told me that I was strong, but in order to defeat Joshua, I had to face my feelings. I am the only one who knows his weakness. I have to use it, even if it hurts me as well. I didn't get what he meant at first but now I do. I'm Joshua's weakness. I can manipulate him just as much as he can manipulate me. He likes me, whether he wants to or not, and therefore makes bad decisions when I'm involved. I am going to let myself get captured, and then manipulate Joshua to make him lose. Once I have him, the others will be easier to take down. We can use our inside man to keep in touch."

"But Erica honey?" Catherine says. "What about you? He could use you too. And what if well you know, we have a similar problem as last time?"

"I won't let that happen. I will have a grip on myself. And it doesn't even matter, as there isn't anything else we can do."

End of flashback

Ben's POV:

"So, Erica meant to get captured then? You agreed to this?" I yell. "What if something bad happens to her!"

"She's strong Ben, you know that. Plus, we didn't have any other options. You have to understand." Catherine says.

"I do. It's just a lot."

"Well, meeting dismissed." Cyrus says.

I hope Erica is fine and her plan works.  

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 02, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Spy School Apocalypseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें