Stuck in Camp Rivers - Chapter 25

HI GUYS. I am sorry for making you guys wait all the time. Here is my excuse - I got shot in the head, so...yeah. But here ya goooo.

Vote/COMMENT/like/fan

I think this story is almost at it's end, maybe a few more chapters and that's it. I don't know, knowing how I am as a writer....my stories are ratchet so who knows what will happen? lol.

=========================================================================================================

Chapter 25.

I stood with scanning the food in front of me. I was currently in line waiting to get me some breakfast, and was looking at all the usual tempting food they had out for this time of day. It was all the same stuff for breakfast -- bacon, pancakes, fruit, sausages, eggs, you name it. But it was good. And fresh, who'd have thought it?

I think that honestly I've been eating so much more at this camp. Yes, I wouldn't consider it eating properly, maybe one or two meals a day if I was able to get some, but this is such a change in my diet compared to back home when I barely ate at all. This is just one of the minor changes I have experienced in myself here.

The person in front of me left, and I casually grabbed a plate and continued my food mission. Considering my stomach was literally roaring with hunger, I just shrugged and grabbed a tiny bit of everything and dumped it onto my plate, inhaling the mouthwatering smell of breakfast. Once I finished, I grabbed a water bottle and left the line, scanning the busy chatter-filled auditorium of campers. Taking a deep breath, I strutted over to a smaller table near the door, not caring about the fact that I was alone. I think this is the first time I've actually been alone, in terms of socialism.

I ignored the awkward screeching the chair made against the floor as I pulled it out, and rolled my eyes as I sat. Picking up my fork, I was literally just about to start eating when I spotted something outside.

Or someone. Crying.

Squinting my eyes, I noticed that whoever it was, had their face burried in their hands, sitting against the main building. Biting the insides of my cheeks, I glanced at my plate of food, then back to the direction I was looking at through the opened door. Back to my food.

So, I'm pretty sure most people would go and see what was wrong with that person, and probably leave their food. Now, did I even want to go see that person crying? Um, not really. But I don't know if it was just me being hungry, but I suddenly felt this pange of....guilt. Yes, guilt. Something I rarely feel at all.

"Fuck my life," I groaned, ignoring curious eyes on me as I got up from the table, picking up my plate and bottle with me of course. I wasn't going to abandon my food like that, are you crazy?

It was kind of awkward, the way I was walking while balancing this food-filled plate with a bottle of cold water as I made my way towards the main building. But I don't care. I guess I have no choice but to see what is wrong with that person. Of course, as I got closer I immediately recognized the girl who was crying.

Molly.

My eyebrows shot up in shock as I tried to pick up my pace a bit. Her body was shaking with sobs as her hair merely covered half her body, the way she was sitting. Once I reached a safe distance to her, I cleared my throat.

"Molly?"

I watched her tense a little, before slowing looking up at me with bloodshot eyes and tear-stained cheeks. She tried giving me a small smile, but instead her lips just started trembling. I furrowed my eyebrows, and took a step closer, still holding onto my food. It was probably getting cold, shit.