Oh God, I'm Gonna Die

Nick and Charlie exchanged looks before one spoke up.
"Yeah, a party at my house," Nick replied.
"A party at your house?" Archie perked up. "Awesome! Who's going?"
"Uhh," Nick stumbled to find an answer before his boyfriend answered for him.
"Everyone."
"Everyone?" Archie replied in his British accent. "The entire school?"
"Anyone who wants to come." Nick clarified.
"I'll be there!" Archie turned back in his seat, writing something down before ripping two pieces of paper apart. He gave a small piece to Nick. "That's my phone number, brother. Send me a text on time and place."
But before Nick could let words escape his mouth, the professor at the front of he room declared class as dismissed. Everyone got up to leave and so did Archie. As he slung his backpack onto his shoulder, he whispered to Nick. "Cya later, bro."
Nick and Charlie briefly stayed in their seats, looking at each other in doubt before exiting.

At lunch, Nick and Charlie went looking for Amy who was found on the bleachers eating. Nick skipped every second step as he ran towards Amy, back pack in hand. "Hey!" He smiled cheerfully, plopping down beside her. Charlie trailed behind and sat down next to Nick.
"Hi," Amy forced a smile without eye contact. Instead, she stared at the lunch in her lap.
"Hey," Charlie gave a small wave before opening his lunch.
"Party at my house this Saturday."
"Saturday? As in tomorrow?" Amy repeated.
"Yup! I've invited everyone at our school," Nick smiled, proud.
"Why?"
Charlie raised his hand to grab attention. "It was my idea. I said it."
"Have you sent an invite to everyone already?" Amy asked.
"We told your ex," Nick rolled his eyes as he talked about him. "And word travels fast hear at Truham."
"You told who? Why?!" Amy screamed.
"He overheard us," Nick groaned as the memory replayed in his head.
Amy groaned and whined at the response. "Why are you even planning a party? You know your mom doesn't and still won't allow it."
"Because it's fun." Nick replied calmly. "And I'll convince her."
"Nick," Amy gave him the death stare as she spoke. "I know when you're lying. We've been best friends forever. Tell me the real reason."
Nick tried to think of a lie before his boyfriend stood up for him yet again.
"Nick's friends wanted him to," Charlie lied.
"I thought you weren't friends with them anymore."
"I'm not! I just think it would be cool, alright?"
Amy sighed. "I guess. It's your life."
"Great! So we'll see you there?"
"Uhh no, I have something I have to do on Saturday," Amy lied, looking back at her food.
"What? No! I mean, you have to come," Absent-minded, Nick began rubbing the back of his neck. It was growing awkward. "School sucks, right? Let's cool off, have some fun and spend our last Saturday together at a party in my house with Nellie, Charlie and all of our friends!"
Amy sighed. "Fine. Whatever. I guess just one more party won't hurt."
Nick jumped with excitement before Tao came walking up the bleachers, a mad face plastered on.
"I was looking everywhere for you guys!" He calmed down rather quickly and continued. "But what are we talking about?"
"Nothing," Amy quickly replied, again without eye contact made.

Later that night, Amy took a breath and walked downstairs to face her parents.
"Mom, dad," she said their name to gather their attention as she sat down in a chair at the dining table. There, her father put down his newspaper and her mother turned off her iPad and set her coffee on a coaster placed on the table.
"What can we help you with dear?" Her mother grinned.
"I'm wondering if I can go to a party this Saturday. Just one party before we move to Toronto forever. Please?"
Her mother and father exchanged looks and Amy had no idea who would be brave enough to speak first but she surprised when her father had.
"A party?" He spoke the words as if the were the grossest of all.
"Yeah. Nick invited me. The entire school will be there."
"Nick? Your friend, Nick?" Her mother asked.
"Yes. Nick Nelson. You know him. And Charlie and Tao and Tara and Elle and Imogen and Darcy will all be there." Amy counted on her fingers as she spoke but her mother repeated them as if they were trash words.
"Tara? Elle? Emo- what? And Daisy. Daisy is actually a really nice name," her mother ran off topic.
"Her name is Darcy, not Daisy. And It's Imogen," Amy corrected her dear mother.
"Ahh I see. Did you say Tao? I like Tao, he's fun."
"Mum! Can I go to the party or not?"
"Hmmm." Her mother had made sure to take her time before she took a sip of coffee from her mug and responded after setting it back on the counter. "I don't really feel comfortable, Amy, with you being around so many people after knowing you have a disease."
"It's not like it's contagious, mom."
"But darling, won't people be drinking?"
"Even if they are, you know I won't drink. I'm 16!"
"Alright, fine but I want you back by nine."
"Nine? Can't it be ten?"
"Want it to be eight?" Her father snapped at his daughter.
"No, it's alright," her mother shook her head at the father. "Ten is fine darling but on one condition to going to this party. I want you packed for Tuesday."
"Yes, of course."
Her mother smiled at her proud daughter before she got out of her chair and ran upstairs to her room, jumping on the bed and unplugging her phone.

Amy🌵: 🎉🥳🎈🎊
Nick🏉: Party time!
Tara🎵: Party?
Darcy🎉: Party?!
Tao🍔: PARTY
Charlie🏳️‍🌈: Yay!

But it was then that Amy was hit with something she didn't ever want to happen to her in her entire life cause what do you do when your ex finds you?

Jerk💔: Hey Amy. I heard about the party this weekend. Can't wait to see you, darling