🌼 Rock Paper Scissors Stakes |IAmSophiaCielo

*watch out for grammar mistakes and typos.

A thrilling story of gambling, bets, and high stakes. Unique in all aspects, Sophia Cielo truly makes Rock Papers Scissors Stakes such a tasteful experience with her unique narrative approach.

Opening comments:

Sorry for the long wait! I had to wait until hell week, finals and ultimately the whole school year ended so I can finally have free time.

On the other hand, I truly enjoyed this. And honestly, this critique would probably be less a critique and more advice and support to be honest. But I will still try my best to convey what I thought of of your story.

Don't feel shy to add inline comments if you have any inquiries, reactions or pm me if you have anything you can't understand in my review.

First Impressions:

Cover, I can see the concept, but some things still feel off and it could be done better. The vibe and theme is there, as well as connection to the story, but it didn't quite catch my eye at first.

You can try changing the font or reducing the size a bit, as well as the author name at the bottom part. It could be adjusted with some manipulation on the layering of the hands and the letters. The font color can be changed into a shade of red that's less bright as well. If you're using Canva for your stories, try using the 'effects' option for the font.

If you don't want to (or don't have time) for designing covers, there are many talented cover designers out here on Wattpad offering their services for free.

If you want any suggestions, you can always PM me so i can give you some nice cover shop suggestions.

Title, I think the title is fine. It makes sense for the story and conveys just enough intrigue to the readers. Although I did kind of get confused or I guess you can say whiplash about the stakes part. It sounded like it came out of nowhere.

I think you might've been trying to do wordplay here, but it kind of didn't make sense. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Stakes, the stakes part makes it a little too long and sudden. But what if we replaced Scissors? Rock-Paper-Stakes, would it still work? I'm not very sure on my end though.

So what if we changed it to Tagalog? Bato-Bato-Patay! I don't know why but this made me laugh. My point is to maybe try tweaking a couple things with the title to make the wordplay more obvious (if you are trying to do wordplay). Brainstorming is my best suggestion.

But if you want, you can still keep the original title since it is all good. It conveys just the right amount of intrigue so a title changed isn't necessarily necessary.

Blurb, the blurb is alright especially on the first parts. But the last paragraph kind of made the vibes and tension in the first ones fall apart.