9. Don't say 23 (Part 2/2)

A/N: Don't try to look for too much logic in the episode. I mean series are always questionable in terms of narration and script. I write merely to have fun and show what I want to show, of course I always research some things to make the chapters make sense.

Without anything else to say enjoy the episode.

*Previously...

Ben snapped his fingers and in a flash of green his civilian clothes had transformed into the suit he wore for missions.

—Can you change your clothes by snapping your fingers?

—Not exactly, but I also have full access to the Omnitrix database. I can transform into aliens that neither of us have ever seen before.

Before he could continue speaking Ben's eyes glowed green.

—This is one of the annoying things about fusion, being a communications antenna—Ben cleared his throat—Good afternoon, you've reached the greatest hero in the universe.

—He's over there!— Ben's amused expression faded from his face—Tennyson, Khyber is on Galvan Prime!*

In the lab, Azmuth explained Ben 23's situation to his other version.

—Yesterday I discovered that the signal normally emitted by the Omnitrix had been replaced with a decoy and I was unable to pinpoint its location. Now I find out he's in another dimension and with the self-destruct mode activated. That kid will give me a heart attack someday, I don't know how your Ben Tennyson convinced me to leave the most powerful weapon to a child.

Azmuth held back laughter, he remembered all the trouble Ben put him through when he was younger, of course to this day it still gives him headaches. The other Azmuth hadn't been taking care of Ben that long so he understood how little communication there might be between them.

—I'm also not thrilled to know that this universe is once again in danger of being destroyed. You must come get the boy and deactivate the self-destruct mode, this reality's Omnitrix synchronized with yours so we have two potential bombs here.

—I tried to transport to your dimension the moment you contacted me, but there is something interfering with interdimensional travel, even the signal we spoke on is in danger of being cut off. It's probably the same person who replaced the Omnitrix signal.

—If you can't come, you'll have to tell me how to deactivate it. The first time this happened, I simply uncoupled the core from the prototype and manually disabled it. The voice commands aren't working either.

—Of course it won't work, that was the way to do it with the prototype. The Omnitrix that the Ben Tennyson of my reality carries is the version II. That's why before I met the Ben from your dimension I tried so hard to get the watch back.

This surprised Azmuth, he had not given the new Omnitrix to his Ben until a couple of years ago. If the boy had been carrying the new version since he was 10 years old he would have tried to get it back too. Azmuth hadn't noticed because it was so similar to the prototype design, probably because it hadn't been recalibrated yet.

While the galvan were still talking about deactivating the self-destruct mode, the boys in town were having their own problems.

—After analyzing the debris left behind by your ship's engine when you left, we discovered that Khyber hid its trail with your ship when you left Earth. That's why...uldnt...find...on this...—The call began to cut off.