4. An attitude problem

From here on the chapters will be narrated from an omniscient point of view, as if we were watching the series. This way I will be able to explain well what the characters feel or think.

Without anything else to say, enjoy the chapter ^^

-----------

Ben and Rook were sitting at their favorite Mr. Smoothy's drinking smoothies. It had been a couple of days since Ben had returned from Galvan Prime, but with so many reunions and preparations at the plumbers' headquarters they hadn't had time to hang out freely.

—Dude, you don't know how long I've waited to have a smoothie again— The boy said as he drank his smoothie with enthusiasm.

—I didn't used to come very often if Kevin or Miss Tennyson wasn't around because as you say on Earth; Food tastes better in company, or in this case a drink- Ben whistled in surprise.

— I see you've been studying more Earth sayings while I was gone, pretty cool of you Rook.

At that moment the floor shifted, a great tremor shook the tables causing Ben's smoothie to spill all over his clothes. A hole opened up in the floor and a mutant rat the size of a tractor with bull horns and red eyes came out of it. Dr. Animo was riding the mutant creature.

—Oh, come on! I haven't even been on Earth for a week— Ben rose from his seat in annoyance— and someone is already trying to kill me? At least let me enjoy a smoothie in peace.

—Ben Tennyson! I was told that you no longer possess that silly alien watch and instead you wear a ridiculous wristband— Animo pointed in the direction of the boy who touched his wristband while looking at the villain in annoyance— Now you are a mere helpless human. Prepare yourself, today you will get what you deserve for meddling with my plans over the years!

Rook equipped his proto-tool ready to fire. Ben was now cleaning the smoothie residue on his shirt ignoring Animo.

—It's rude to ignore someone when they're talking to you Tennyson— The doctor charged in his direction, smashing tables and chairs in his path. Rook sped away from the scene to reposition himself.

—You just made a big mistake Dr. Animo, and I have the perfect alien for a rat's plague— Ben looked up in annoyance and Animo could see a green flash in the boy's eyes.

The mutant rodent charged at the hero but was instantly repelled. Instead of a boy there was now a very angry Rath.

—Let me tell you something Aloysius James Animo, self-proclaimed doctor of animals! You made Rath spill his smoothie, so Rath will make you shed tears!— He roared angrily.

Rook began to shoot at the control device that Animo carried in his hands to control his creation. Noticing this, the doctor pressed some buttons and two rats smaller than the first one appeared from the hole and began to chase the Revonnahgander. Rath looked in his partner's direction.

—I'll take care of these, you remove the control device.

—Let me tell you something Rook Blonko, fellow plumber I haven't seen in a while for reasons I don't like to talk about, Rath is happy to team up with you again!— The alien tiger jumped onto the rodent's back and stood in front of Dr. Animo. He removed the device, breaking it in the process, and grabbed the doctor by the collar to pull him off the rat— Rath will grant you a final word before returning to a cell in the plumbers' headquarters.

—This is not what I was told! I was promised that you would be defenseless, I curse you Ben Tennyson and your filthy alien device— Rath hit him, knocking him unconscious. The rats gathered and disappeared back to where they came from as they broke free from their creator's control.