5. Trust me

—Come on! Up Tennyson, it's not the time to recharge— The galvan boy pulled the arm of his friend who was on the ground unable to move, his eyes glowing red. Small, wild creatures surrounded the boys who found themselves in the middle of an endless jungle.

—How did I end up here with you?— Albedo asked himself as he thought of a plan to get them out of there.

Ten hours before

—Do I really have to go?— Albedo complained.

—Come on, honey, it'll be quick and you'll be back in no time. Even if you're only a human your intelligence is still superior to one— said her lab partner Celine, a blue cerebrocrustacean with red tones in her pincers. Albedo looked at her as she approached with a travel bag.

—The lab will be in good pincers, don't worry. Go to your field trip day and have fun, I heard that humans often spend time in nature to relax— Ruben, Albedo's other lab companion, a mustard and white cerebrocrustacean, walked through the door— The planet you are going to is 80% forest, there will be plenty of room to explore.

—That planet is on the list of worlds with the wildest creatures in the universe. I don't plan to go without a proper escort trained for that place— Albedo sat back in his lab chair and crossed his arms.

—Don't worry Albedo, we ourselves have requested the best of escorts to help you.

—Well, he was the only one who offered to accompany you— Ruben held back his laughter as Albedo's eyes widened in understanding who he was referring to.

—Sorry I'm a little late, I was just finishing up some business with Rook since he won't be able to join us— Ben rushed over to the ship's ramp where an annoyed Albedo was moving his foot.

—You're three minutes late Tennyson— Before hearing a response, Albedo walked up the ramp and into the ship.

—The same old Albedo— Ben laughed and went up after him.

The ship was small and simple with room for a crew of five, yet they were the only ones on board. After a couple of hours of silent travel, Ben looked away from the window and approached his companion who was seated in front of him at the navigation console.

—So...will you tell me what the mission is about?— Albedo turned to look at him in astonishment.

—You have no idea what we're here to do? Didn't you read the report before agreeing to come?— Ben held up his hands, downplaying the importance of the matter.

—I hope my intelligence is sufficient to complete this.

The mission consisted of investigating the disappearance of a group of plumbers who were sent before them to recover galvan technology that had been stolen and their tracking signal ended up on that planet. After what happened some were reluctant to go to the planet so they used the fact that Albedo was a galvan before to propose him in the mission since given his situation he could not refuse to follow orders.

—Back to your seat Tennyson, we are about to enter the planet's atmosphere and hey you plan to wear that during the mission?— the boy was still with his civilian clothes.

—Whops, I forgot— There was a flash of green and then Ben was wearing his mission suit— That's better.

—Presumptuous— whispered the white-haired boy.

Before Ben could reach his seat, he froze. The lights began to fail and the ship's AI spoke over the speakers.

—Warning. Energy levels dropping drasticallyThe ship began to experience turbulence. Albedo noticed that they were passing through the troposphere and a large amount of electrically charged clouds surrounded the ship.