6. Fame is repeated

The peaceful days of Bellwood came to an end. We believed that the menace known as Ben Tennyson had realized the evil he was causing our planet and decided to leave on his own Old altered videos of Ben transforming into aliens and destroying the city appeared on the screen.

After a year without being seen, this delinquent returns to disturb the peace and do his things. Ben Tennyson proves once again that he is not human by partially transforming his body at will This time more recent images of the boy showed him transforming only parts of his body making him look like a strange human-alien hybrid.

—I don't know about you folks but I'm more worried than ever. If you see this alien in a teenage costume don't hesitate to call the police and run as far away as you can. This is Chris Harangue bringing nothing but the truth to you. Good evening.

Ben thought his bad reputation on television had ended with Will Harangue being fired, he hadn't expected him to have a younger brother who shared his hatred for him. Gwen turned off the television before an annoyed Ben destroyed it, his eyes were radiating a green light. The girl rested her hand on her cousin's shoulder who turned to look at her.

—Ben...your...— Gwen pointed to her own eyes making him understand that something was not right.

—I'm sorry. I got a little...well a lot mad and this is what happens now— The boy covered his eyes with his hand until the glare stopped— It's like my body is alert to every little thing that hurts me -physically and emotionally- it's worse than my mom— Ben laughed nervously.

—You don't have to listen to that crap, Ben. We and many others know that you are just trying to help, people or aliens, whoever needs it. But I really didn't expect you to be caught on camera just a few weeks after your return, even though we've only been involved in minor cases.

—What can I say. The cameras love this face— The girl threw a cushion at her cousin.

—I see you are having fun without me— Kevin came out of the kitchen with a tray full of snacks. The trio of friends had gotten together for a weekend of movies at Ben's house, taking advantage of the fact that his parents were out of town.

—Believe me, the news is no fun at all.

They settled on the couch and started watching their movie marathon. Everything was going perfectly but as night fell, one of the movies was interrupted. Many voices and lights coming from outside caught the attention of the trio. At that moment the transmission of the movie came to a screeching halt.

—We interrupted our regularly scheduled programming for a breaking news story. The reporter was in a neighborhood the boys knew well— We have been informed that the teenager known as Benjamin Tennyson has returned to Bellwood.

—Are you serious!? This again!?— Ben got up from the couch and headed for the door.

—Inhale and exhale Tennyson, inhale and exhale— Gwen annoyingly nudged her boyfriend— What? We don't want him to lose control and make his reputation even worse.

The sound of a helicopter engine echoed throughout the place and an aerial shot of the hero's house appeared on screen, the house was surrounded by journalists and vans.

—This time the signal is live— Said the girl, remembering the first time her cousin was approached by the press at his house and the three of them were present too.

Ben took a deep breath and opened the door. An unstoppable barrage of lights produced by the cameras blinded the hero. Reporters began bombarding the hero with questions.