Chapter 16- First Hangout

"I'm back!" you shout as you head inside your guild. Many welcome you back and seem excited to see you... Well, your new form.

"How long are you going to stay like this again?" Macao asks despite knowing the real answer in the back of his head. You shrug and walk up to Mira who's currently stamping on a job paper for the sky dragonslayer and her companion. 

"Ohh, this sounds interesting!" you clap your hands enthusiastically, "i haven't been to a play in so long".

"For a 100 years you mean?" Carla comments and you pout. Wendy scolds the exceed, saying that she should know better. You smile at the duo and reassure them "it's fine".

"If you would like, you can join us," the dragonslayer offers excitedly. 

"I have to decline. I made a promise to someone that i will spend this evening with them," you shyly scratch your cheek, slowly turning red. Mira's loose strand wiggles on the top of her head when she hears you. Sensing her curious eyes on you, you attempt to escape.

"YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE?!" Natsu yells from his usual spot. Before any further embarrassment, Erza knocks him out spending a message in the process. 

"Just tell us how it goes tomorrow, okay?" Mira smiles genuinely at you, suppressing the comments she had, not out of fear of Erza but out of respect.  She can't be blamed for her curiosity, she's the ears and eyes of this guild!

As the sun went down, leaving the empty sky for the gracefulness of the moon and the stars, the guild became less rowdy as members left for jobs or went back home. You sit with Levy and Gajeel, telling them your experiences with helping in labor, your times were different. Gajeel was sweating due to discomfort but nonetheless held Levy's hand through it all. Lucy and her teammates left earlier on a job, something about guarding some cargo on a ship. Natsu was dragged out which spread some laughter amongst the observers.

"Hey, are you ready?" the voice of your companion for the evening startles you from behind.

"Would you stop doing that?" you attempt to punch the large figure but your hand ends up going through him. He laughs and acts like he's head patting you.

"Excuse me, Levy and Gajeel" you bow and turn to Laxus, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Let's go" he starts walking and you follow behind. You hear Levy wish you good luck under her breath and Mira gushing over how adorable you two looked together.

Throughout your evening, word spread through magnolia of the lightning dragonslayer accompanied by a strange translucent woman. Over the weeks, a rumor of haunting arose.
You spent a good time walking through the joyful city of magnolia. The scent of food from stalls and restaurants made you miss your physical body. Random topics were discussed between the two of you as you reach a cliff overseeing the sea. You noticed that your walk took you near fairy hills, the females dormitory.
Laxus sits on the ledge as you hover by his side. His shoulders slump and he breathes out a sigh.
"What's up, blondy?" you hover closer to him. The cold air surrounding you makes him shudder and you see goosebumps on the back of his neck.  You frown and move away from him.
"Don't worry your silly head. I just got a bit chilly so get closer.... I need to get used to this" he smiles lightly as you approach him again. "Who was that creep? And how does he know you?" Laxus breaks out the long-awaited question.

"He's a descendant from a nemesis. His ancestor used to hunt anyone associated with me in order to track me down," you explain without hesitation.
"Okay, and how did he separate your body and spirit?" he gestures at your form.
You smile, "well i didn't expect anyone to realize it's the case of separation, or what's used to be called, dissociation. Smart".
"Don't avoid the question," he grumbles and squints at you.
"Fine, fine. It's a high-class enchanting spell. It's usually followed by another one that infuses another spirit inside the body or the separated spirit inside another body. That's used to preserve a spirit of someone important for the progression of humanity."
"He didn't do either. In fact, his goal was to use some dark spell to destroy my spirit form and use the magic left in my body as he pleases".
Laxus listened to everything you said attentively. He'd make disgusted faces when you'd tell him what the creep's ancestors used to do. The conversation went on for a while.
The sound of the clock sounding midnight startled the two of you.
"Well, that's late" you exclaim.
"I'll walk you back to the guild," Laxus offered as he stood tall and dusted his pants.
The walk was silent, blending in the complete calmness in Magnolia city. In the distance, you'd occasionally hear laughs and chatters coming from taverns. The road Laxus and you ventured had all shops closed and windows shut. The occasional breeze shaking the different chimes scattered in front of shops, producing a nice melody.

The next morning, you find yourself being stared at by Evergreen and Mira-Jane... Back at the guild's infirmary. A few seconds pass until you become aware that you're back to normal. All your wounds have healed and your senses are at their sharpest again.
You sit up and alternate between closing and opening your hands.
"YOU'RE BACK!" Evergreen cheers and hugs you. Mira-Jane joins in happily.
Once the moment of celebration is over, the latter hands you a change of clothes and pushes you down the stairs to go to the ladies' bath. Evergreen breaks the news for everyone else and you hear cheers in the background.
As you dip your sore body inside the steaming water, you sigh. "Ah how nice. I didn't know how much i miss feeling stuff against my skin!"
"yeah that's great and everything. Now tell me about your date!"
"erza don't be so intrusive! " Wendy says as she walks in on you two.
"It was nice. The conversation flew naturally, without effort," you tell your nosy companions.
"And? That can't be all of it," Erza looks at you expectingly.
"And i told him a bit about my past, we walked back together to the guild and said our godbyes," you shrug after noticing slight disappointment in your friend's eyes. "I never said it was a date".
Wendy shimes in "but you never denied it wasn't".
You blush slightly and whisper to yourself as you sink deeper in the water, "it was a simple hangout with a friend".