Chapter 14- Warriors

"Here we are. Don't turn away now. We are the warriors that build this town," she says in a low voice, mist coming out of her mouth as she hugs herself. "That's what everyone used to say back at the village".

"Village of the eternal one, as its name suggests, it's the hometown where the prophecy of the eternal one will eventually begin. Many parents used to claim that their unborn child is the eternal one, requesting an examination upon birth. Thus with every birth of a new child, the monks would "inspect" her or him. Centuries passed and the eternal one was yet to be born. However this ritual was passed on - and despite what one may believe- more and more people became monks. The power of the eternal one residing in the temple at the center of the village would grant these monks, its loyal servants, blessings. A blessing, now known as magic, was a rare power only granted by the gods.

It was a place unknown to mortals... or so everyone there believed so. Until one day, the purifier's order attacked. An order that served the god of War Ikusa-Tsunagi, composed of elite mages, the only mages that existed back then. Seeing how this village was growing and evolving at a relatively fast pace, the four gods- Ankhseram, Ikusa-Tsunagi, Chronos and Yagdo Rigora- felt threatened. With my birth, chaos befell the village. Death rates went up by the week, what was the cause? "Misfortune". It's what the most shallow simplistic villagers believed in. Some monks warned about an upcoming war with the gods, but no one would listen to them. Why may you ask? The other monks and villagers were busy celebrating the prophecy coming true... With my powers awakening. One week after i began training, the village was wiped off the map by the purifiers. The existence of the eternal one was thought to be terminated. But i survived... I was the only person to survive amongst a force of 2 thousands. Anger and grief over the loss of my home took over me and i became a destructive, blood-thirsty monster. The purifier's order was brought down in two days. All tribes, towns, cities and organizations that worshiped Ikusa-Tsunagi as their god were submerged in blazing crimson fire. All i ever wanted, craved for... Was the demise of Ikusa-Tsunagi and his forces. I wanted to erase the existence of his rules and ideals as much as he wanted my head on a spike." She pauses, her eyes shadowed by her bangs. A crimson red flame conjured in her hand, flickered as she spoke about her unquenchable blood-thirst.
"Blood, be it from humans, animals, beasts... I didn't care anymore... Death shall befall everyone and anyone whom i encountered. And it did.
Some showed resistance, but they eventually submitted to my unmatched power. Many opponents killed me, but i regenerated. My supreme power was described as one of the goddesses and my lust for blood drove me to mercilessly commit mass murders, thus the title "goddess of slaughter". Now that you know of the history behind the title bestowed upon me, do you still want to become my follower? "

He took his time in processing this information. She can kill me in less than an instant if she wanted to. I saw her murder my comrades earlier, it was faster than the eye could follow. She is amazing... Varin thought, oblivious to the smile forming on his face.
"What are you smiling at, boy?" the goddess of slaughter questions, boredom evident in her voice.
"You can read my mind. So why don't you take a peak?" Varin answered with his own inquiry.
His reply caused her to chuckle; she waves her hand at him and stands up.
"Get ready Varin... Soon you'll have your own title. One that demonstrates the honor of being my follower". She stands up and summons a lava-stone arrow and hurdles it at the earth dragon flying down in their direction.
"Holy sh-" Varin mutters before taking cover as the pieces left from the creature falls around him.
"Oh. Grow a pair kid" she says and launches herself in the sky. Varin is left speechless for a few minutes, before his body is hurled into the sky. "Focus Varin! We're no dragon slayers but we sure as hell can take down these monsters!"

"WE ARE DRAGONS! You dare insult our divine powers by calling us monsters when you're the embodiment of calamity!" a white scaled dragon with beaming red eyes and sharp fangs fumes at the goddess of slaughter. 

"Embodiment of calamity... i've been called worse you dull creature!" she returns the insult and smirks.

The commotion angers all dragons in the area, consequently, the magical pressure increased. "Lucky us, we have the best seats in the house," she spoke as her eyes lit up and a sick smile appeared on her face.

"What do you mean, master?" Varin questions as he attempts to keep his composure, hiding his fear of heights.

"Our clothes will not have to be soaked with their defected blood". Right as she uttered the last two words, the dragons exploded and pieces of their flesh rained down from the sky followed by dark colored, cursed blood. The smell of death quickly wafted the region resulting in the retching of Varin's stomach content. He lands in the blood bath and vomits. 

The goddess of slaughter remains hovering above the scene for a bit longer, then teleports Varin and herself to a wooden house located furthest south, where once resided her home village.

"Take off your clothes and get your ass inside a shower. It'll help with nausea," she orders him and rids herself from the tattered cape. "It was one of my favorites..." she mumbles then pouts like a child.

Varin is conflicted by her behavior, then again, chose to become her follower. He does as she asked and soaks himself in hot water, laying his head back on the edge of the bathtub. 

"VARIN! RUN!" are the last words he heard before a blast shook the house and thick smoke obstructed his vision and impaired his breathing.

"So this is your abode, (y/n)" a slithery voice rang in Varin's ears. Master! is the first thought that came to his minds as he blindly grabs a pair of pants and sprints towards the radiating magical energy.

"burst like a wind and shriek like a nightingale,  attack thy who has sinned then greet Master with a hail," Varin chants his spell and leaps tackling his new idol to the ground. "I would have liked a while to have past before you see me half naked but guess that's not happening," he jokes as he grabs her by the arm and sprints towards a portal he's conjuring .

"Enhance," she whispers. Varin's power level tripled and the portal is fully open. "Do you have a specific location in mind?" she asks as they venture into the space-morphing phenomenon. 

"You'll see," he looks back at her, flashing her with a thumbs-up. Not till his vision adjusts that he realizes the state she's in.

"What? First time you've seen a woman naked?"