Chapter 9- Who Zeref feared most is not Acnologia, but...

The sun has started to set marking the near end of the day. Instead of camping out at night, you decide to skip it and continue your march onto Rosehill village.

"Hopefully I encounter some mist monsters so I can put that case to sleep. If all riders and merchants are getting attacked by these beasts then Rosehill's food and medical supplies are cut off. Who knows what I might find once I arrive there".

Half an hour later, the sun has completely set and night has fallen. The temperature turned from warm to piercing cold, as if you're in the desert. "That is abnormal. There shouldn't be a huge drop in temperature in such a climate," you mutter and summon your cloak. The only sound up until now was the noise of your footsteps on the stony passageway; however, a faint howling causes your senses to tingle. It's faint for a mortal's ears to hear but not for yours or dragon slayers' ears.

Nonetheless, your footsteps neither stop nor hurry. You maintain a steady pace and sharp sense of hearing as your eyes focus only on the path ahead.

Meanwhile, a blue haired visitor is staring in disbelief at team Natsu. He shakes his head, "are you sure she's truly who she claims she is?"

"Yep! (y/n) is the eternal one. We saw her in a crystal just like master Mavis!" Natsu exclaims excitedly.

"And she was butt naked," Happy whispers and snickers along with Natsu acting like 13 years old.

"You two are such perverts," Lucy rolls her eyes and Carla expresses her agreement.

"Why are you worried?" Erza asks Jellal noticing the slight frown on his face.

"After being obsessed with Zeref for so long, crime sorcière and I discovered who Zeref feared would be the end of this world," Jellal expression turns more serious

"Wasn't it Acnologia?" Natsu perks up at his brother's name and interrupts Jellal. The latter shakes his head.

"Lumen histoire?" Lucy is the second to answer a non-existing question.

"What's that?" Natsu makes a dump expression. The team sighs and Lucy reminds him that is was fairy heart, the accumulated power in Mavis...

"I say he feared fishies!!" Happy exclaims holding a fish in his hand.

"It's not a guessing game!" Erza scolds them and turns to Jellal, motioning for him to proceed.

"In one of his books he wrote: I fear that the world would come restart once I obtain fairy heart. Should I fail in my task, Earthland and all dimensions connected to it will perish once she awakens from her slumber. The one who has exceed the millennium in age and whose powers can eradicate the live and the dead by simply batting an eyelash. This is the prophecy of the goddess of slaughter (y/n), recently known as the eternal one".

Silence falls as everyone wears a shocked expression.

"Goddess of slaughter?" Wendy frowns, unable to imagine (y/n) as a goddess nor a murder. "But she's so nice and humble, there must be a mistake. Right?"

"Beats me. I only knew that Zeref had one book that contained all his demons and beasts," Gray shrugs, acting as if this information hasn't shaken him a bit.

"I think the word slaughter is a bit extreme," Lucy mumbles and Carla, once again, agrees with the blonde.

"What are we going to do? Do you think master knows about the prophecy?" Happy inquires as he unconsciously moves closer to Natsu. The pink haired thoughts are unreadable, his silence strikes the rest as worrisome.

"Luce... Can you do me a favor?" he speaks in a raspy low tone. Lucy blushes, thinking that one of Mirajane's fantasies is about to come true. The rest watch intently as Natsu stands up and approaches the blonde; little space is left between their faces.

"Y-yeah?" Lucy stumbles on her words, a blush creeping up her face.

Natsu's eyes widen and he quickly pulls away, and asks while smiling sheepishly, "think you can summon the old cross for me? I have questions that need some answerin'!" He scratches the back of his head, giving the celestial mage a big smile.

Gray and Happy let out a groan, as Wendy sighs and Erza along with Carla smack their foreheads. Jellal chuckles nervously, thinking internally "he is as oblivious as ever".

Lucy snaps back to reality and clutches her pouch. She takes a silver key and summons Crux. Natsu nods towards her in thanks and approaches the aged celestial spirit.

"Uh... Luce is he awake?" he turns his head to Lucy and points his index towards Crux.

"Yes, Natsu," she lets out a small laugh following her reply.

"Alright old man. Where is (y/n) right now?"

"Fields of Lagune, on her way to Rosehill village"

"How long will it take for her to arrive to the village?"

"Another 3 hours,"

Natsu grins mischievously. "Has she used any magic spells so far?"

Crux frowns, "over 100". He mutters angrily.

Natsu's grin turns to a neutral expression then his jaw falls to the floor.

"Why would she use that many spells?" Lucy interferes.

"She appears to be engaged in a fight with mist monsters. An entire pack,"

"Can you list what spells she used?" Jellal rises to his feet and approaches Crux who started snoozing.

A minute passes and he answers, "I'm afraid she blocked my spiritual lane just now".

"Figures," Jellal spits venomously.

"Jellal?" Erza raises an eyebrow in question.

"If she is exactly who Zeref described as the goddess of slaughter, then blocking anyone from gathering information about her current state is a typical move on her part," he explains clenching his fists.

"Crux, can you gather everything written and spoken about the goddess of slaughter?" Lucy asks her celestial spirit kindly. The latter gives her a nod, informing her that he will notify her once he has collected every last information about (y/n). The mage smiles at him and expresses her gratitude, closing his gate.