Chapter 8- Pretty Nice Lady

"Mage needed to place barrier around mansion.

Location: Rosehill village

Reward: silver key + 500,000 jewels"

"That what was written on the job request Laxus," Mirajane briefs Laxus about the job you chose.

"Barrier, huh?" Laxus repeats to himself, maybe I should have tagged along.

"What's wrong boy?!" Makarov hiccups, as you one presume, drunkly.

"It's nothing old geezer," he huffs placing his elbow on the bar, resting his chin in his palm.

"You worried about (Y/n)? HAH! If she found out, she'll show you the strength she had and you won't be able to sleep for a month!" Fairy Tail's master states smiling to the memories he shared with you.

"Is that so?" his grandson likes the sound of it.

"Don't give him ideas, Master," Mirajane scolds the old man, snatching his glass from his hand. The latter protests. Laxus, on the hand, pounders whether or not to go after you. It's not that I want to be with her or anything! I just want to see her magic... right! Grunting, he pushes away from the bar and walks towards the thunder legion. Freed, who was observing him the entire time, chimes with happiness.

"What's up?" Laxus casually asks sitting next to Evergreen, facing Freed.

"Bickslow here was wondering what type of magic does (y/n) yield since she has lived for 1310 years," Evergreen replies but is interrupted by Freed.

"Correction. 1318 years," he claims proudly.

"So I am not the only one with this thought in mind," he murmurs.

Evergreen nods; however, she narrows her eyes at Laxus. Noticing a change in his usual behavior, she decides to speak up. But is interrupted again, by Natsu's yelling this time.

"I WANNA SEEEEEEE!!" he is fighting against Erza's grip on his scarf.

"Natsu control yourself," she orders but to no avail.

"Come on! Don't tell me that you don't wanna know what her magic is!" he tries to reason with the scarlet warrior.

"We can always ask Master, right?" Lucy asks, trying to settle the argument.

"That's a good idea," Erza praises the blonde, causing the latter to straighten in pride.

"NO! I WANNA SEE!" Natsu exploits Erza's distraction and slips out of her reach. Nonetheless, he doesn't make it far before he hits the floor with a loud thud preceded by a bang. Lucy sweatdrops and chuckles nervously.

"Don't you think that was a bit harsh, Erza?" she asks the red head who threw a plate at Natsu's head.

Meanwhile, you rest your head in your palm as you gaze at the scenery unfolding before you. The train was going at a relatively fast speed but that isn't enough to keep you from enjoying every detail about the 'new' Fiore. Few minutes later, the train comes to a stop. Once you exit, you make your way to a board where a map of the current area you're in is hang.

"Okay so I'm here," you place your finger on the map, "and Rosehill village is all the way over here". You trace your finger on the map. Frowning you whine, "That's so far away!"

"Excuse me, ma'am?" a young boy stands next to you, holding dozens of red roses.

"Hi there," you smile wholeheartedly, your attention shifting to the male in front of you.

He offers you a red rose, "would you like a rose miss?"

Face flushed, hand slightly shaking and voice just above a whisper; your heart melted at the sight. You take the rose and smile at the boy again patting his head. "Thanks!! How much will that be?"

"Oh... no I can't charge a nice lady like you for that!" he takes a step back, his blush deepens.

"How about I buy you a gift? Your choice!" you bargain. The twinkle in his eyes is enough of an answer for you. "Okay then. I'm new to this town so you lead the way". The boy nods furiously. Leading the way across town, he introduces himself, "I'm Matt"

"Well, Matt. I'm (y/n),"

"It's nice to meet you miss (y/n)," he says enthusiastically, blushing nonetheless.

"(y/n) is fine," you say happily.

Matt stops in front of a bakery window; you read the sign "Patty Bakery". Your gaze shifts back to your little companion and see him drooling at the various cupcakes showcased. "Which one would you like?" you ask as you bend down to his level. He gasps in surprise but quickly recovers his composure.

"I can't choose. They all look so delicious!" he exclaims.

Cute! You think to yourself. "Okay wait here". You instruct him and enter the bakery.

Matt fiddles with the roses; she's a pretty nice lady, he thinks to himself and blushes. The bell to the bakery rings again and he hears you thanking the shopkeeper. Matt eyes the bag in your hand expectantly. You chuckle at his expression and offer it to him, "Here, you can have them all".

His eyebrows shoot up, "All of them?" he gawks at you.

Nodding you place the bag in his hand and take the roses from him. "I'll be taking these. I might need them later".

Matt opens the bag, and his eyes grow wide. Inside there are all kinds of cupcakes, and a small cloth bag. He reaches for it and open it, "no way... are these jewels?" he murmurs. Wanting to thank you, he raises his head up, only to see you gone.

You watch from afar the little boy and smile to yourself. "Okay now to Rosehill village!" You say to hype yourself up. It's going to be a long walk and according to what the baker told me, there are no carriages that lead to the village because the riders keep getting attacked by a mist monsters.

"Mist monsters... they don't normally attack people" you speak to yourself as you exit the town and enter the fields. "Besides, for them to sustain a life, they need continuous superficial source of water. Judging from the map, there are no ponds, lakes nor streams and rivers. The townsfolks harvest underground water to water their fields. So where are these mist monsters coming from? Am I to expect to encounter one on my way to Rosehill village? Are the people in that village aware of the monsters existence? If so, why didn't they put a request for an investigation? Or leave a warning on the request?"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait!!! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Don't hold back regarding comments/criticism about the fanfic! I love to interact with my readers, so if you have any suggestions/ opinions related/nonrelated to the story let me know, okay?

Lots of love <3 <3

Stay positive:)