Save the Last One

3rd Person POV:
In Carl and Amara's room Lori and Rick look back on memories.

"Lori did you... I mean it was legendary. Did you ever hear about the time Shane stole Kingsley's car?" Rick asks Lori. She smiles and nods.

"Yeah." She says looking at Carl and Amara.

"The principal's car right out of the teacher's lot in the middle of a school day. Shane steps out of lunch and makes a beeline to Kingsley's Hyundai..." Rick laughs thinking about the memory. "Wires the ignition, peels out, drives down Dylan Drive to that chicken farm out there. You've heard this before right?" Rick asks Lori, she slightly nods her head with a smile.

"So he pulls it into one of the big holding pens. Kingsley, he waxed that thing every month; has the auto shop vacuum it out every week. Shane, he parks it in this huge pen with a couple hundred Rhode Island Reds. He busts open bags of seed in the back seat, rolls down all the windows, and then starts sprinting back to school. It's three miles away easy. He's back in time to finish his sandwich before the bell, and then the bell rings. Shane gets up and when he runs into Kingsley in the hallway he looks out the window and says, 'Principal Kingsley, your Coupe's gone.'" Rick laughs and looks around.

"Coupe, like chicken coop." Rick tells Lori. Lori smiles and nods her head. She looks at Carl and Amara.

"I get it." She says with a smile. Rick looks at her.

"Of course you do. You've heard this story a thousand times. What you said before, you're right. Shane's gonna make it back with what the doctor needs. He'll make it back." Rick tells her. Lori looks over at him.

"Hershel said you need to eat." Lori says with her voice breaking. Rick sighs.

"Carl's gonna be alright." Rick tells her. Lori looks at Rick with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Please, for me. You've got to keep your strength up." Lori tells Rick. He sighs and nods his head. He leans back and grabs a sandwich off of the bedside table and takes a bite. Lori looks at Carl and back at Rick.
———————————————————————————
On the road the group is still deciding whether to leave or stay. One hand is that if Sophia were to come back and find no one here, they would never see her again. The group stays one more night. Daryl, Carol, and Andrea are in the R.V with Dale keeping watch. Daryl can't sleep due to Carols sobs and Andreas clinking with a gun. He gets up and grabs his weapons.

"I need my clip now. I'm gonna walk the road, look for the girl." Daryl tells Andrea. Andrea hands him a clip and Carol stops her sobbing. Daryl looks at Carol and nods his head. He walks out of the R.V with a flashlight, Andrea follows.

"I'm coming too." Andrea tells Daryl. He nods his head and looks to Dale.

"I'm going for a walk. Shine some light in the forest. If she's out there give her something to look at." Daryl tells Dale. Dale crouches down on the roof of the R.V.

"You think that's a good idea right now?" Dale asks him.

"Dale." Andrea says walking away. Dale says nothing more. Daryl follows Andrea and Dale gets up.
———————————————————————————
Glenn and T-Dog race over to the house. T-Dog and Glenn hope to see Amara, and to help with T-Dog's cut. They both walk to the steps of the house.

"So do we ring the bell? I mean it looks like people live here." Glenn asks T-Dog. T-Dog rolls his eyes and sighs.

"We're past this kind of stuff aren't we? Having to be considerate. Plus. My baby girl is in there, shot. She could be dying." T-Dog says walking up the steps. Glenn follows him.