Secrets

3rd Person POV:
Over time Carl and Amara had started to wake up and walk around some more. Eventually Hershel decided they were well enough to go outside and not be stuck in a bed.

Amara POV:
"I'm so excited. I've never fed chickens before. I actually get to be near them too." I tell Carl. He laughs.

"I used to feed chickens. I think one of my family members used to have some. They're scary though." Carl tells me. Lori and Patricia trail behind us.

We get to the gate of the chicken coop and Lori opens it. Patricia hands Lori 2 buckets of chicken feed. Lori gives one to me and Carl, she keeps the other one for herself. Me and Carl take small handfuls and throw it on the floor.

Lori watches us and smiles. She looks around and throws some chicken feed. Carl and me start making it a game as to who can make the chickens eat their handful of food.

"Don't look so worried." Carl tells his mom. His mom laughs and looks at us, she throws more chicken feed. I hear the chicken coop open behind us.

"It's my job." Lori says smiling and throwing more seed. I turn around to look at the chicken coop and see Patricia, I wave to her. She smiles and waves back.

"No it's not. You're a housewife." Carl says. He sounds serious and he looks at Lori. Me and Lori make eye contact with each other.

"Yeah punk?" Lori says throwing a handful of seed at Carl, I do the same. I start laughing and Carl smiles. "You see my house around here? A housewife." Lori asks him. She sounds shocked. She looks over at Patricia who smiles at her.

"They don't have a mother." Carl says. I look down and see the little baby chickens. Lori picks up a feather off the floor and starts to mess with it.

"She might be somewhere else." Lori tells us. I nod my head and look around for the bigger chickens.

"Maybe she got eaten." Carl says. My jaw drops and I look at Carl. Lori looks at him, she's upset.

"Everything's food for something else." Carl says shrugging his shoulders. Lori looks down at the feather in her hand. Patricia walks away and I throw some more food on the floor. Lori finishes up her bucket of seed and she walks us back to camp.

Glenn's standing on a log using binoculars to look at the barn. Maggie walks up to him with a basket. She sets it down and they talk. I leave Carl and walk over to my dad.

"Hi dad. What're you doing?" I ask him. He looks down at me as he messes with the R.V. He stops and he wipes his hands on his pants.

"I'm trying to help Dale with the R.V. but he's getting some type of gift." My dad says pointing to Glenn. Dale turns around with a peach in his hand. Glenn walks over to us.

"Sup?" My dad says taking two peaches. He hands one to me. Glenn's face drops.

"Nothing. Nothing's up. Why?" Glenn says looking around. Dale walks over to us and looks concerned. I look at Glenn. What the heck. You're a weirdo sometimes. I look up at my dad but he's already looking at Glenn with the same look.

Glenn takes his basket of peaches and walks off. I shrug my shoulders and my dad gets back to work. I leave him alone. I walk over to Daryl's tent, Andrea walks out. She smiles at me.

"Hey Daryl. You know me, you, Carl, and Rick are like a team now?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"How? Also, you got any picture books laying around here?" He says asking me. I look at him confused but shrug my shoulders.

"Well we're a team because we've all gotten shot before. Also I don't have that many picture books but I can get you one I guess?" I tell him. He smiles at me and looks down at his arrow.