Pretty Much Dead Already

"Amara. Amara!" My dad says shaking me awake. I open my eyes and stretch. I look around and see alight throughout the tent.

"I'm going. I'm going." I tell him. He smiles and walks out of the tent. I walk out to see Carol cooking eggs, Andrea sharpening her knife. Can you not. Like please it's so annoying. Carol puts some eggs and meat on a plate and hands it to me.

"Thank you." I say smiling. She smiles back and I walk towards Carl. He's eating with Lori and Rick. I would sit with my dad but he's busy talking to Glenn.

"What's the meat? Spam?" I ask Carl. He shakes his head no and shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know, but it's actually really good." He says taking a bite. I nod my head and take a bite of the food. It's good, I take a few more bites and look at Lori and Rick.

Carol walks by offering more eggs to people. I shake my head no and she smiles at me. I finish up my food and place my plate on the little table we have set up. I go to sit down and Glenn walks to the middle of the camp.

"Um, guys. So... the barn is full of walkers." Glenn says. Everyone stops. Even Andrea. Thank God. Everyone stares at him before walking over to the barn. Shane, Rick, Glenn, and my dad leading the group. Shane walks up to the door and looks through a crack. He backs away after some time.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane says walking to Rick. Rick shakes his head.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick tells Shane. Andrea looks at him.

"This is OUR lives man!" Shane shouts. Glenn jumps.

"Lower your voice." Glenn reasons. Andrea looks at him.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea tells the group. I can hear the groans of the walkers.

"It ain't right. Not remotely. Okay, we've either gotta go in there, we've gotta make things right or we've just gotta go. Now we've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane says dishing out ideas.

"We can't go." Rick says putting his hand out in an attempt to silence Shane.

"Why Rick? Why?" Shane asks him. Rick doesn't say anything but Carol does.

"Because my daughter's still out there." Carol tells him. Shane scoffs and puts his hands over his face.

"Okay. Okay I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane tells them. My heart drops. Carol looks around worried. I look at Carl and he shakes his head.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick tells him. Daryl steps forward.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago!" Daryl says looking at him. I grab onto my dad's hand.

"You found her doll Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane tells him. It goes quiet.

"Man you don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Daryl says stepping forward and swinging his arm.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead it's in the first 48 hours!" Shane yells. Everyone looks at him in disgust. Rick puts his hand out to stop from a fight breaking loose.

"Let me tell you something else man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming, all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck she would run in the other direction!" Shane says pointing towards the woods.

Daryl yells and jumps at him. My dad pulls me back and Carol grabs me. She walks over to Lori and watches as Glenn and my dad run to stop the fight. Lori runs to the fight leaving me, Carl, and Carol. Lori pushes Shane away.