18 Miles Out

(A/N: This is literally gonna be such a filler or like I'm gonna make an attempt to build Carl and Amaras relationship. Like it's crazy. I'm so sorry guys 🙁)

It's been a week. Rick and Shane are preparing to take the guy in the barn out. Me and Carl stay away from the adults because of it. We stay on the steps of the house and sit in the shade.

Me and Carl play rock paper scissors to see who has to go ask Dale to fill the water containers. This time we call it a tie so we both go to the R.V.

"Daleee! Where are youuu?" I ask in a singing tone. We peak our heads in the R.V. and see Dale with two water bottles full. We smile at him and grab the bottles, we leave the empty ones there.

We walk back to the porch steps. I look at the chess board on the table, I look at Carl.

"You think we can play chess? I mean I don't know how but we can play our own game." I say standing up and walking to the table. Carl follows.

"Doesn't the black play first?" Carl asks. I shrug and let him go. After a while the board is missing most of the pieces and only pons are left. Me and Carl count our pons.

"6-5" I say. Carl has 6, he smiles at me and I split the piece of bubblegum he gave me with him. Maggie comes out.

"Oh my. Y'all know the Kings are how you win?" She says re-setting the board. We shake our heads no.

"Well, I guess y'all didn't have time for chess lessons." She says smiling. She looks at the two of us before walking inside, she comes out with a plate of cucumbers and tomatoes.

"Here. It's the leftovers, no one's gonna eat them." She says before walking back inside. I take a piece of cucumber and eating it. Carl sighs and blows a bubble with the gum.

Lori comes sprinting out of the house. The door hits the wall and I jump. I watch Lori run across the field to the R.V. Lori comes running back and she slams the door shut.

"Woah. What was that about?" I ask. Carl shrugs his shoulders. Maggie comes running across the field and opens the door slamming it behind her. Glenn walks up the steps. Andrea walks into the house and slams the door as well.

"Do you know why they're slamming the doors?" I ask Glenn. He smiles a little and shrugs his shoulders. He leans on the railing next to us and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Okay. I'm done." I say moving away from the chess board. Carl stands up and moves to the steps, I do the same. Glenn follows as well.

"Glenn. Are you and Maggie dating yet? We've seen you two kiss, we make fun of you guys for it too." Carl says. I laugh, Glenn looks at us and laughs.

"Uh yeah, yeah we are. But if I make fun of the two of you later in life for kissing I'm gonna remind you of this." Glenn says laughing. Me and Carl laugh.

There's screaming in the house. We all look at it and listen. It stops. Maggie walks out and stands on the porch, Glenn stands up and walks to her. Me and Carl look at each other, we move out of the way for Maggie and Glenn. We don't know where they go but they leave.

Andrea comes out of the house too but she walks out quietly but runs away quickly. Me and Carl sit there staring at Andrea walk off.

"What is going on? Why is everyone running from the house and then running to it?" I ask Carl. He shrugs his shoulders and adjusts his hat.

"I do-" Carl gets cut off my Maggie walking up the front steps and Glenn sitting down next to us.

"Go ahead. Laugh." Glenn says. Me and Carl look at each other and burst out laughing.