17. A broken rock Tower, so what?

A.N: Next chapter. Enjoy! Please comment if you see typos, and vote if you enjoyed.

A small scaly figure flew through the sky, said creature seemed deeply disturbed. His face was scrunched up in what appeared to be distrust, nausea, and confusion. This creature was none other than the Black dragon.

The same black dragon that went unnamed throughout the story of Birth of a Hero. 

'This human... he is hiding many things, and if he was the one that defeated that that thing. He clearly is stronger then his brethren '

The mana from that memory had still imprinted in his mind and before the small child knew he began to follow the suspicious scarlet haired young master.

The small child watched as the Young master made a pact with the crippled son of Marquis Stan. He watched as he travelled through the city with the two Cat tribe children and the stressed Swordsman.

He watched everything, he cringed whenever the belt of blades was pulled out and the mixture of different monstrous mana blinding his senses.

And yet nothing he saw revealed anything that was the anomaly that the human known as Cale Henituse. 

Except for one thing. 

The wish.

It was not a secret that humans were greedy creatures, who always want for the things that they have no right to... and yet this human didn't wish for anything.

Instead he gave a cryptic response that no matter how much he mulled and tried finding the meaning to it always lead to rather bleak theories.

Compiled with the few things he heard from the human's companions the only conclusion he could come up with was that his human... wasn't by any means raised with a silver spoon in his mouth. Quite the opposite actually his human acted... as if he been through an experience that could rival his own 4 years of living...

 The response was so bleak sounding it echoed deeply like a broken record in the young Dragon's mind.

"My wish? I wont be making one."

"Why? Wishes make you hope in things that are illogical and thinking illogically can lead to the most gruesome of endings, it is something I can not do for this very reason."

'Logical. Logical.'

That word was the same word the dragon child always called his human, it was the same trait that made him take pride in his human...

But know it seemed that it was the price for his wisdom and knowledge. 

The price for the burden that was knowledge.

The saying always went "Ignorance is Bliss" for that same reason, the smarter you are the more detached you tend to grow from everyone else.

The same could be said about power. 

It was clear that this human was not to different from himself.

They where both burdened with something that sets them apart from the rest. For Cale it was his intelligence and for a dragon such as himself? The title and power that came from his heritage. 

And yet...

"What do you think you're doing?" The dragon growled.

The figure simply smiled.

"Well collecting some extra protection." The human answered no hesitation in his statement.

"Protection? Right. If you were to do that you could've asked me." The dragon's voice held conviction, but also what sounded to be... envy?

Cale had no idea what he had done to make the dragon envious.

Was he envious at the fact that he was ignored for a mere ancient power?

Or was he envious of the fact he wouldn't be the one to gain the ancient power?

COULD DRAGONS EVEN OBTAIN ANCIENT POWERS?!

Meanwhile the dragon was growing increasingly annoyed at the topic of the conversation, was there a person that could protect him in a way he the great and mighty Black Dragon couldn't?

The prospect made the black dragon's entire being boil with irritation.

"YOU!!! You weak human if you needed protection this great and mighty dragon will do so much better than any mortal creature that is so pitiful to hide in a cave with such feeble traps!"

A large amount of mana began to release from the angry four year old.

And before the red head knew it he was held up in the air by some kind of Flotation spell and the dragon spread its wings flapping faster as he began to maneuver the small cave. 

By the end of it Cale stood in front on the object of his search, the healing ancient power known as Vitality of the Heart.

He almost regretted it.

_SOB *Impossible to understand whining* SOB

Ok maybe it wasn't impossible to understand if you actually tried to listen to it but Cale was not in the mood to hear another sob story.

The Glutton's was already tiring enough.

Now he had to deal with the Crybaby. 

He was almost tempted in not getting the power at all.

Almost being the key word.

He quickly stepped on the rock tower and gaining the Ancient power.

"Weak human... you don't seem as weak anymore! You're still nothing compared to me but I can still protect you so it doesn't matter!"

Cale sweat dropped.

This Dragon was going to be the death of him.

"But you're so dirty I will clean you up!"

But he was definitely useful.

"Weak human let's get out of this ugly cave!"

And so here he was, back with two very smug kittens who were gladly be willing to spoil their youngest sibling.

A.N: Kinda rushed? The next chapter will be more satisfying and will contain Cale being the rich father to three very unruly kids and one teenager eager to learn dagger fighting.